Microsoft rolls out Windows 8.1 KB4019213, KB4019215 on Patch Tuesday
Microsoft recently rolled out two new updates for Windows 8.1 on this month’s Patch Tuesday edition. Security update KB4019213 and Monthly Rollup KB4019215 improve Windows 8.1‘s security by resolving a series of vulnerabilities. No new operating system features are being introduced with these updates.
Windows 8.1 KB4019213
Update KB4019213 brings two security improvements to the table:
- Updated Windows Cryptography API to deprecate SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Server Authentication, including in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
- Security updates to Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Windows DNS, Windows COM, Windows Server and Windows kernel.
You can automatically download and install KB4019213 from Windows Update. At the same time, you can get the stand-alone package for this update from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
However, bear in mind that installing KB4019213 on AMD Carrizo DDR4 powered computers will prevent you from installing future Windows updates.
The good news is that Microsoft is working to fix this problem and will provide users with a hotfix in a future release.
Windows 8.1 KB4019215
Windows 8.1 KB4019215 brings the following security improvements to the table:
- Addressed issue where applications that use msado15.dll stop working after installing after installing security update 4015550
- Deprecated SHA-1 Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 for SSL/TLS Server Authentication.
- Updated Internet Explorer 11’s New Tab Page with an integrated newsfeed.
- Security updates to Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Windows DNS, Windows COM, Windows Server, Windows kernel, and Internet Explorer.
As it is the case with KB4019213, installing KB4019215 AMD Carrizo DDR4 PCs will block future Windows updates.
You can automatically download KB4019215 from Windows Update or the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 8.1 users can now upgrade to Windows 10 without losing their apps
- Microsoft details Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 servicing models
- Windows 8.1 KB4015547 and KB4015550 fix a long list of security issues
Visualization is crucial in Power BI. Therefore, this feature should run smoothly. But this is not always the case. Many users reported various visual errors […]
All the Windows laptops come with the hotkeys to increase and decrease the display brightness. If that does not work, you can use the brightness […]