Download Windows 7 KB4019263, KB4019264 to enhance PC security
Microsoft recently rolled out two new Windows 7 updates. Security Update KB4019263 and Monthly Rollup KB4019264 bring only quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced with these updates.
Windows 7 KB4019263
More specifically, update KB4019263 brings two security improvements to the table:
Updated Windows Cryptography API to deprecate SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Server Authentication, including in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 .
- Security updates to Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows COM, Microsoft ActiveX, Windows Server, Windows kernel, and Microsoft Windows DNS.
You can automatically download and install KB4019263 from Windows Update. You can also download the stand-alone package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Windows 7 KB4019263 bugs
Keep in mind that if you install KB4019263 on a PC equipped with an AMD Carrizo DDR4 processor, you won’t be able to download and install future Windows updates.
Windows 7 KB4019264
Windows 7 Monthly Rollup KB4019264 brings four security improvements:
- Addressed the issue where, after installing security update KB4015549, applications that use msado15.dll stop working.
- Updated Internet Explorer 11’s New Tab Page with an integrated newsfeed.
- Deprecated SHA-1 Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 for SSL/TLS Server Authentication. See Advisory 4010323 for more information.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows COM, Microsoft ActiveX, Windows Server, Windows kernel, and Microsoft Windows DNS.
In order to apply this update, you must first install KB2919355 on your PC. You can download and install KB4019264 from Windows Update. The stand-alone package for KB4019264 is also available on the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Windows 7 KB4019264 bugs
Installing KB4019264 on PCs equipped with AMD Carrizo DDR4 processors will prevent you from downloading and installing future Windows updates.
Microsoft is working to fix the update issues on AMD Carrizo DDR4 PCs and will provide a fix in an upcoming release.
Have you downloaded Windows 7 KB4019263 and KB4019264? Did you encounter any particular issues after installing these updates?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to install Windows 7/8.1 updates on Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs
- How to upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update from Windows 7, 8.1 for free
AltGr is an essential key when you want to customize your keyboard to type in another language, for instance, Spanish. But users often face problems […]
Surface Pro 4 has been affected by a series of screen issues ever since its launch. We’re sure that most users still have vivid memories […]