Jolly news for the holidays! The Xbox title Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition is out now for Windows 10 via the Xbox Play Anywhere program. The newly released version features all the major content of the title since its vanilla release in 2013. The game was released a few months ago as a cross-play title between Xbox One and Windows 10.
Announced by Microsoft and Iron Galaxy, the package will include a number of major aspects including all the characters, stages, behind-the-scenes videos (that contribute to the history of the game), artworks, costumes and more. The package will also include concept art, tracks and a full universe map bundled with the deal, in addition to the classic Killer Instinct Classic 1 & 2 — “the faithful recreation of the arcade originals” — as stated in a blog post on Xbox Wire.
Another interesting addition is the overhaul of the Thunder costume. The development team reportedly collaborated with the Nez Perce tribe living in Lapwai, Idaho to help redesign the Thunder costume. The final outcome is claimed to be 100% authentic to the Nez Perce cultural traditions and dress. It will be available starting Wednesday, December 21 for all Killer Instinct players who own the Thunder character for free.
See below for the full list of benefits:
Definitive Edition Contents:
- All Killer Instinct Fighters”. That means 26 characters which of course, includes the remastered casting and original fighters like Hisako and ARIA are left out. Then there are Shadow Jago, Rash from Battletoads, Arbiter from Halo and General RAAM from Gears of War. That sums up to all characters from Season 1 to Season 3.
- All 20 stages of the game are refracted in terms of visuals. Of course, in a good way. The gaming experience just went through the roof.
- A Monthly Ranked Leagues section will allow you to test and perfect your game play.
- The gaming modules are transformed to give a movie-like feel.
- An exclusive Dojo tutorial. For those who don’t have up-to-par skills when it comes to gaming mechanics.
- Special features like every song in the KI archives and every character trailer.
To get an even closer look at the game, check out this trailer below:
Don’t have Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition on your Xbox One? No sweat. Get it here from Microsoft Store for just $39.99 — though the former can download and play the game on PC at no additional cost.
Related Stuff you should read:
- Pre-order Killer Instinct Season 3 to get some extra goodies
- Mira looks great in new Killer Instinct Season 3 trailer
- General RAAM announced for Killer Instinct Season 3 at E3 2016