LastPass for Microsoft Edge officially released in latest Windows 10 Preview build
After a lot of anticipation and speculation, the Microsoft Edge version of the popular password manager LastPass was finally released with the latest Windows 10 Preview build. LastPass is now available in the Windows Store and Insiders running the latest Windows 10 Preview build can install it.
LastPass appeared in the Store with the previous build for Windows 10 Preview, but its release wasn’t officially confirmed. However, while users were able to download and use it, they faced many unexpected errors that made using it almost impossible.
As Microsoft said, even the official version of LastPass extension for Microsoft Edge has its share of issues. Of course, this isn’t a big surprise, since this version of LastPass Edge is the very first version available in the Store. We expect developers to drastically improve it in the future releases.
Here are some known issues with LastPass:
- “Copying with keyboard shortcuts does not work in the LastPass extension popup
- Creating a new profile from the LastPass popup may crash the browser
- LastPass Vault fails to load when there are no items in the vault
- LastPass icons overlap the default placeholder glyphs for credential textboxes
- Password import is not currently supported”
LastPass is one of the most popular password managers in the market. It also has extensions for other browsers, like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so it was just a matter of time before its would debut on Microsoft Edge.
LastPass, just like other extensions for Microsoft Edge, is for now available to Windows Insiders running the latest build only. Regular users should get this feature with the Anniversary Update for Windows 10.
If you’re running the latest Windows 10 Preview build and already managed to install LastPass Edge, feel free to share your experience using it with us in the comments below. How does it perform? Have you dealt with any of above-mentioned errors?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft announces every new feature coming with Xbox One’s Anniversary Update
- Office Online extension coming to Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge to get Enterprise Mode improvements with Anniversary Update
Christmas is almost here, and if you’re planning to do so shopping, we suggest that you have a look at these great USB gadgets for […]
Christmas season is almost here and if you’re planning to make your purchase, today we want to show you some great Christmas gifts for Zelda […]
6 solutions to fix Unhandled Exception Errors Perform clean boot Perform SFC scan Run the Hardware Troubleshooter Perform virus scan Un-install and re-installing .NET Framework […]