- The Messenger dark mode for browsers is an option desired and awaited by many users.
- Viewing messenger in the dark mode in your browser is good for the eyes, and also helps you save some battery life.
- Using a browser that comes with a built-in dark mode theme, is definitely the quickest way.
- You can also use dedicated extensions for viewing messenger in the dark mode.
The dark mode option has become pretty popular lately and thanks to that you can now see it through most platforms and app, including messenger.
The messenger desktop app can be used for quick and efficient messaging on the desktop and due to its utility, turning on the dark mode, especially at night, is of great use.
In the following article, we will show you the exact steps you need to follow in order to activate it on your browser,
How can I enable messenger dark mode in my browser?
1. Use Opera
Opera is a browser that no longer needs much of an introduction, since the unique and advanced features it puts on the user disposal, speak for itself.
when using this browser, you will benefit from optiones designed to drastically improve your productivity.
The workspace option, messenger integration in the toolbar, free VPN, built-in ad-blocker, are just a few to name.
Moreover, having the messenger dark mode in this browser is easier than ever, and you will see the benefits right away.
You can install the Dusky Gray Facebook [Dark Theme] and benefit from the dark mode display on your Facebook business page, profile, messenger, marketplace, and more.
Download Opera on your device and benefit from a unique package of features, including messenger dark mode extension.
2. Change messenger app settings
- Open the Facebook Messenger desktop app and log in.
- Click on your profile icon and select Preferences.
- Go to the Appearance option and click on Theme.
- From the drop-down list, select Dark theme.
3. Enable Force Dark mode
- Open Google Chrome browser.
- In the address bar type the following:
- Select the Enable option from the Force Dark Mode for Web Contents drop-down menu.
Once you have enabled the dark mode, when you open the Facebook messenger in the browser, you will see that the display will also be dark.
4. Change Facebook Messenger settings
- Open Facebook in your browser.
- Access Facebook Messenger by clicking on the Messenger icon.
- Next, select the See all in Messenger option from the bottom of the panel.
- Now, in the Facebook messenger browser window, click on the arrow from the left corner.
- Enable the Dark mode toggle.
- Now, the entire Facebook Messenger is converted over to the Dark mode.
5. Activate dark mode extensions
Next time you will open Facebook messenger in the browser, you will see that the dark mode is also on.
If you are using Edge, then the easiest way to activate the dark mode on your messenger is to download from the Edge add-ons list the Dark & Night Theme for Facebook.
With this extension, once you change the Facebook theme into dark, this will also apply each time you open the Facebook messenger.
Moreover, you have 5 built-in dark modes to choose from and if you want, there is also the option to build your own dark theme.
If you are using Mozilla as the primary browser then make sure to download the Dusky Gray Facebook [Dark Theme].
With this extension, once activated, you will be able to access Facebook messenger in the dark mode as well.
Facebook messenger is used by so many to keep in touch with family and friends, and activating the dark mode, especially at night, is a game changer.
We have detailed in this article the steps you can follow in order to use the dark mode messenger in your browser and as you could see, all you have to do are a few simple steps.
Let us know in the comments section below which option worked best for you, we would love to know.