Music is a wonderful art that many people can approach. It can be just you playing a Hawaiian ballad on a ukulele. Or perhaps you’re going through a jazz period with your harmonica.
However, keeping the right tempo is different from one instrument to another. As such, you’ll need a different kind of metronome for every occasion, especially if you know how to play multiple instruments.
That is why we’ve compiled a list of the best metronomes that you could buy for certain instruments.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best metronomes on the market?
- Multi-purpose (tuner, metronome, and tone generator)
- The tuner boasts a wide range of A0-C8
- Various tuning modes
- Intuitive JOG Dial to dial in your desired tempo quickly and easily
- Not loud enough
The KLIQ MetroPitch incorporates a tuner, metronome and tone generator all in one device, making this an excellent multi-purpose device for all your musical needs.
The metronome supports a broad range of 30-250 Beats Per Minute, tap tempo, and various beats and rhythm patterns, so playing with the harmonica feels dynamic and fun.
- Choose from 2 types of sounds for tempo and beat
- Red LED light on the top gives a clear visual tempo indication
- Reference tuning tones for a (440) and Bb (446.1)
- Tempo range from 40-208bpm can be set easily from the 39-position rotary dial
- The tempo light might be distracting for some users
The clarinet is a very popular musical instrument and requires a very good metronome in order to maintain the right tempo.
The Seiko SQ50-V is one such metronome, and it comes with a unique way it lets you know you should maintain a tempo, as it uses lights instead of sounds or clicks.
- Establishes accurate musical timing, helps play at a proper pace
- Steel gears for durability
- 40-208bpm for choosing any tempi
- Easily adjustable/optional 0/2/3/4/6 beat bell
- Mechanical metronomes may lose tempo over long windups
The only mechanical metronome on our list, the Tempi Metronome is a wonder to behold especially during classical music concerts.
The device doesn’t need any batteries, and it has a long windup time, allowing you to practice holding your tempo without frequent pauses.
- Portable, clip-on, easy-to-fix design
- 3.5mm stereo earphone jack
- Adjustable volume control
- Some users may not like that it beeps instead of clicking
The Luvay Digital Metronome is an excellent all-purpose metronome that makes a great addition to anyone looking to play the ukulele.
What makes it so great is the back clip that lets you attach it to a ukulele similarly to a guitar tuner, but the small size makes it so that it doesn’t get in the way of your playing.
- Great for orchestral instruments
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament
- Range (sine wave): Chromatic: A0 (27.50 Hz) – C8 (4,186 Hz)
- Precision: +/-1 cent
- It may be hard to focus on the metronome’s screen if you’re also reading the music sheets
The Korg AW3M Dolcetto is yet another miniature metronome that also has the functions of a tuner.
It features a back clip that lets you attach it to the rim of your trumpet so the screen is always facing you, allowing you to focus on the beat more than anything else.
Holding a rhythm is probably the most challenging aspect of a musician’s process of learning, despite how easy it may sound.
That is why instruments that are designed to help you do that exist, and they do an excellent job at it as well.
Of course, given how different musical instruments are, it goes without saying that metronomes also vary in shape, size, and functionality.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.