- Web Select is no longer available in Edge as a part of the user experience optimization process.
- However, there might be a way to enable it by adding launch parameters to the Edge shortcut.
Edge Web Select was one of Edge browser’s more unique features, but it seems that Microsoft has removed it entirely.
Many users aren’t pleased with this change, and in this guide, we will show you a method you can use to get this feature back.
What is Web Select on Edge?
- This was a Microsoft Edge feature that allowed users to capture a segment of a web page.
- The captured segment would still function, and users could interact with it.
- Users could access pictures or copy text directly from the captured segment by doing so.
Why is Web Select not showing in Edge?
Microsoft is constantly improving Edge, and to do that, certain features have to be removed. According to the developers, the feature is deprecated, and it has been removed to improve user experience.
How can I get Edge Web Select back?
Add launch parameters to Microsoft Edge
- Close your Edge, then right-click on your Edge browser icon and select Properties.
- At the end of the Target option, add the following:
- Click on Apply, and then restart your Edge. See if Web Select is enabled. You can do so by opening the Setting panel or clicking the Copy+Shift+X shortcut.
If this works, then Web Select might be around for a bit, but don’t get your hopes up. However, given just how valuable this tool is, Microsoft will probably come with a replacement soon.
Have you found a replacement for Edge Web Select? If so, let us know in the comments below!