Microsoft Office gets new updates with PowerPoint improvements
Users of Microsoft’s Office suite have reasons to celebrate, especially if they are members of the company’s Fast Ring Insider Program: an auto-save feature for online documents and the ability to co-author documents created with Microsoft Excel.
Improvements are on the way
The Slow Ring of the Preview platform was also shown some love as a ton of new features made their way to users on the ring. Here are the goodies that are expected from the upcoming release on the Slow Ring:
- PowerPoint is getting the QuickStarter function which allows users to request an outline automatically created and suggested to them based on what they want to talk about and what should be incorporated in a given presentation.
- The Flowchart options in Visio are getting massive improvements with the addition of two new option: Basic Flowchart options and Cross-Functional Flowchart options. These both use Visio templates in the Data Visualizer and this tool is designed for users of Excel app.
- Emails are getting improvements thanks to a new Outlook update giving users the ability to separate emails into two categories: the Focused category and the Other tab. The Focused tab will feature important email messages while the Other section will host emails that aren’t so urgent or important.
- Professionalism and innovation reach new heights with the Designer feature in PowerPoint, incorporating more ideas and lists that can help in appropriate scenarios.
- Email translation is now available through the Outlook translation add-in. This neat tool is accessible through a simple tap and offers 60 languages to choose from. This guarantees that a language barrier won’t be quite a barrier anymore.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- KB4013075 patches critical vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office, Skype for Business, and Silverlight
- How to run Microsoft Office Picture Manager on Windows 10
- Latest Microsoft Office update adds SVG image support