When using a powerful Windows tablet, such as the Surface Pro 2, the best accessory to buy is, of course, a docking station. The docking station is the best way in which you can upgrade the battery of your device, so we can say that this product is a must-have. For your Surface Pro 2, I am recommending the official docking station provided by Microsoft and which can be now ordered from here.
SD cards and Flash Drives
The Surface Pro 2 is being provided in two variants depending on the amount of internal storage memory you need: 32 or 64 GB. Now, if you want to expand the storage capacity you can anytime buy and use a micro SD Card. The best deals you can choose for a micro SD card are:
- SanDisk Ultra 64GB – this micro SD card is fast and offered on a great price on Amazon.
- Patriot Supersonic Rage XT 64GB Flash Drive – in addition to a micro SD card you can use a flash drive in order to expand and port your memory capacity and data. This flash drive is also available on Amazon.
Any other micro SD card – you can buy any other SD card for your Surface Pro 2 either from Microsoft’s own store, or from any other place you want. Just make sure you choose the best price.
Pen and Mice
In order to use your Surface Pro 2 easily you need to buy a dedicated mouse or a pen. You can find various products and accessories on the web, while on Microsoft’s web store you can anytime buy the Wedge Touch Mouse, the Arc Touch Mouse or the Surface Pro Pen so choose what you need for your Windows RT tablet.
Cables and Adaptors
- Mini DisplayPort to VGA – this cable can be used if you want to connect your tablet with VGA compatible devices like projectors or monitors. The Surface Pro 2 accessory is available on Amazon
- Mini DisplayPort to HD AV Adapter – this cable is similar with the up mentioned one only it uses HDMI connections. The price is also the same and you can also order this cable from Amazon.
- Ethernet Adapter – if you want to connect your Surface Pro 2 to a wired network then you need to order this cable which will cost you the same amount of money as the already presented accessories from this category.
- Wireless Adapter – if you don’t want to use a cable for connecting your Surface Pro 2 with various devices, then you can anytime use the Wireless Adapter offered by Microsoft.
So, those were the best accessories to use on your Microsoft Surface Pro 2. Of course I have mentioned only few examples of products, but you can anytime check and choose more Surface Pro 2 accessories by using Microsoft’s own web store or other retails that offers compatible products. If you want to add something to the list from above, don’t be shy and point it all out by using the comments field from below and an editor will update this review accordingly. Also, stay close as this article will be updated as soon as we find something that worth your attention.
Read Also: Windows Maps Apps: Best 6 to use
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.