- Minecraft is a popular sandbox based video game available on multiple platforms.
- The game requires the users to login with their user account to play and save progress.
- If you want to learn more about this amazing voxel game, check out our dedicated Minecraft hub.
- You may also want to check out our dedicated Gaming section for more great troubleshooting guides, tutorials, and news.
Minecraft is one of the popular sandbox based video games available on multiple platforms. Minecraft requires the users to log in to the account/server before playing the game. However, some users have reported a Minecraft login not working issue when attempting to login to the game.
One Reddit user reported a similar issue in the community forum.
So I’ve had Minecraft Java edition for a long time now and I’m having a problem with logging in. Everytime I try to login in the launcher, I put in my information and all but all it’s saying is that it cannot connect to server.
If you are also troubled by this issue, we have listed a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the Minecraft login not working issue in Windows.
What can I do if the Minecraft login is not working?
1. Check for server issues
- One of the common reason for Minecraft login not working issue is if the Minecraft server are down for maintenance.
- Before proceeding with any other steps, check if the Minecraft server are down.
- Check Reddit and Minecraft.net forum and see if other users are reporting similar issues.
- In the case of server issues, you can do nothing but wait for the developer to fix the issue.
According to the Minecraft’s official page, errors like Login failed, invalid username and password can be a temporary issue and will automatically resolve after an hour or so.
Additionally, if you got the account username and password from a third-party, check for the validity of the user credentials for the Minecraft account. Do not try to log in repeatedly as it can get your account locked for 24 hours.
2. Reset Minecraft account password
- Open the Minecraft forgot password page.
- Log in with your email address and click on the Forgot password option.
- Minecraft will send a link to reset your password to your email address.
- Open the email and click on the link.
- Reset the password.
- Launch Minecraft and try to login again and check for any improvements.
3. Try a different browser
- If you are trying to login to Minecraft.net and experiencing the login not working issue, try using a different browser.
- Launch a different browser than your primary web browser.
- Open Minecraft.net and enter your login credentials.
- Check if you can log in to your account successfully.
- If the login is successful, try clearing the browser cache and cookies on your primary browser.
4. Flush DNS configuration
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type cmd and click OK to open Command Prompt.
- In Command Prompt, enter the following command and hit enter:
- Wait for the success message and close the Command Prompt.
- Launch Minecraft and try to log in.
Flushing the DNS removes all the network information stored in the cache and forces the computer to find new DNS information.
The Minecraft login not working issue can occur if the Minecraft servers are facing technical issues. Most of the time, waiting for a couple of hours or even a day can automatically fix the issue.
However, if the issue did not resolve automatically, try the steps listed in this article one by one to fix the problem.
FAQs: Learn more about Minecraftuser accounts
- How do I fix failed login on Minecraft?
The failed login error on Minecraft is usually a temporary problem caused due to server issues. In most cases, waiting for an hour and then signing in again should resolve the issue. If not, try the steps in this article to troubleshoot the problem.
- How do I find out what email I used for Minecraft?
The only option is to enter all of your email addresses in the Forgot Password section of the Minecraft password recovery page and wait for the password reset link from Minecraft.
Alternatively, you can also use the best password managers for Windows to keep your username and password secure.
- Do I need to login Minecraft to play single-player games?
Yes, you need to login using your Microsoft account as a form of verification. You also need it if you want to create a server for you and your friends.