MSI Launches Windows 8.1 All-In-One PCs With Screens to Reduce eye Strain
The two new Windows 8.1 all-in-one (AIO) PCs models that MSI has launched are called the 21.5 inch AE221 and the 27 inch AE270 and come with the Flicker-Free and Blue Light Control technologies, sporting Haswell processors, Full HD resolutions, and optional 10 point touch input.
So, if you’re looking to buy a Windows 8.1 AIO computer that comes with the right technology to protect your eyes, then maybe you should include these two models in your list. Besides the size difference, there are other differences between these two models which are reflected in the lower price for the AE221 model. Let’s have a look at the most important specs they come with:
Technical specifications for MSI AE221 and AE270
- Processor – Intel Core™ i3-4130 (3M cache, 3.4GHz) and Intel Core™ i5-4440s (6M cache, 3.1GHz
- Operating System – Windows 8.1
- LCD / Touch Panel – AE270/G: 27” LCD Panel LED Backlight (1920*1080) / 10 point Touch (optional) / Flicker-Free; AE221/G: 21.5″ LCD Panel LED Backlight (1920*1080) / 10 point Touch (optional) / Flicker-Free
- Graphics – Intel® HD Graphics 4400 I3 UMA), Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (I5 UMA) and NVIDIA® GeForce GT740M Graphics 2GB
- Memory – DDR3 1333 / 1600 SO-DIMM * 2 / Max. 16GB
- HDD – 3.5” SATAIII / 2.5″SSD (optional)
- Wireless – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- ODD – DVD Super Multi / Blu-Ray combo (optional)
- Card Reader – 3-in-1 (SD, MMC, MS)
- Speaker – 2x 3W with Creative Sound Blaster Cinema
- I/O – Back: Mic in x1, Earphone out x1, USB2.0 x4, HDMI out x1, HDMI in x1, RJ45 x1
- Side – USB3.0x2, Cardreader, DC Jack
- W-cam – 2M-pixel Full HD
MSI said the following about the essential selling point in these Windows 8.1 all-in-one computers that is constitued by the Flicker Free technology:
To give users an optimal operating environment, MSI insist on the best and is the first to introduce an anti-glare display on its All-in-One touch PCs. This technology is also supported by non-touch models. For offices with serious glare influences, brightly-lit retail stores and at home, the anti-glare feature protects the user’s eyes against reflections coming from the monitor.
The Flicker-free Technology embedded into the AE221 and AE270 stabilize the electric current and prevents flickering invisible to the bare eye under normal conditions. It effectively reduces eyestrain as well as improves productivity for those who have to use a PC everyday with long hours. In addition, the AE221 and AE270 also support the exclusive Blue Light Control Technology, which is able to effectively reduce the blue light emitted from the screen. According to TÜV tests, it can reduce blue light up to 75%, which drastically reduces strain and damage to the eyes.
At the moment, we don’t know the price tags of these two models, but judging by MSI’s history and positioning on the market, they should be more accessible than other similar specced product from more known brands.
Microsoft added Tablet mode to Windows 10 primarily for 2-in-1 laptops and tablets, such as the Surface Pro. Tablet mode displays a start screen from […]
There is no denying that booklets are powerful marketing tools that can help you bring in more leads when done right. Booklets are usually designed […]
Many users use virtualization, but sometimes they might encounter Hypervisor is not running message on their PC. This message will prevent you from using virtualization, […]