- We've gathered in this guide a list of tools that are the perfect Nagios alternatives, so make sure to keep on reading.
- A good monitoring solution is not only useful for organizations to identify and solve any infrastructure issues that can arise but is also easy to install and integrate.
- Specialized software enables IT Pros to help you locate problems throughout the entire network and is an excellent Nagios alternative.
- Is not always easy to choose the best monitoring solution in today's market, but with the right overview of existing capabilities, this task can become easier.
Nagios is good monitoring software that is useful for organizations to identify and solve any infrastructure issues that can arise.
Although the tool does the job is supposed to, it can be a bit difficult to integrate into an automatic provisioning process.
This can be easily done though with other tools and the entire process does not necessarily have to be as difficult also.
Therefore, in this article, we’ve put together a list of the best Nagios alternatives for your Windows 10 device.
What are the best Nagios alternatives for Windows?
ManageEngine OpManager is another great integrated network management solution for an efficient network monitoring.
This tool is very easy to use, comes with an intuitive interface and with integrated features to better monitor your network performance
ManageEngine OpManager provides server, VM, WLC and storage capabilities monitoring and many more.
This is the perfect tool that will help you quickly find the root cause of any problem and fix it quickly, before it becomes a bigger problem.
Key features of ManageEngine OpManager:
- Mapping, grouping, and bulk configuration features.
- Real-time network monitoring.
- Dashboards and widgets.
- Support for a wide range of network devices.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
PRTG Network Monitor is a great tool, known for the complex infrastructure management features.
Your IT infrastructure will be monitored using advanced technologies, such as SNMP, WMI, Sniffing, REST APIS, SQL and others.
Thanks to these features, PRTG Network Monitor that enables IT Pros will help you locate problems throughout the entire network.
Moreover, the real-time alerting system will make it easier for you to detect and resolve the found issues before they escalate into business-critical problems.
Key features of PRTG Network Monitor:
- Network segments scan by pinging defined IP ranges.
- Multiple User Interfaces.
- Custom maps excellent for data display.
- Flexible alerts and notifications.
- Available for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
PRTG Network MonitorThe PRTG Network Monitor is an excellent alternative to any other network monitoring solution for you IT infrastructure.
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor will help you to successfully monitor the performance of your entire network.
Thanks to the built in features available you’ll be able to track the availability, response time, switches and many more.
Moreover, you will be able to easily see which network application is using the most bandwidth and make the desired adjustments if necessary.
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor will allow you to drag and drop performance metrics on the dashboard and you can customize it as needed
Key features of Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor:
- Customizable reports with delivery path included.
- Intelligent and flexible alerts and notifications.
- Monitor the logical component of the SDN environment.
- Detailed monitoring of F5 BIG-IP family of products.
WhatsUp Gold Network Traffic Monitor is yet another perfect alternative for Nagios, that we have tested and we’d like to recommend you give it a try as well.
This is a tool that will make it simple to collect data about your network traffic and see where the bandwidth is being consumed and by what users or applications.
Moreover you can track unauthorized bandwidth and see if anything out of the usual is happening quickly, before it turns into a bigger problem.
You’ll have access to monthly reports and complex data gathered from all the crucial points in your IT infrastructure.
Key features of WhatsUp Gold Network Traffic Monitor:
- Monitor network traffic.
- Flexible and easy to use alerts and notifications.
- REST API to integrate network monitoring data.
- Complex analysis and reports.
- Comprehensive Top Protocols, Top Senders, Top Application reports.
One of the easiest and yet extremely good and performant tool we’ve tested is Obkio Network Performance Monitoring.
This tool will allow access to all kinds of data, including end to end performance, bandwidth usage and more.
What makes this tool so amazing is that it uses synthetic traffic to measure network performance while providing you with a detailed overview of your network’s performance and health.
Firewalls, routers and even switches are devices that can be easily monitored using this tool.
Moreover, with the help of alerts and notifications you’ll know quickly where there is a potential issue and you’ll be able to fix it before it affects the end user.
Key features of Obkio Network Performance Monitoring:
- VoIP Monitoring Solution.
- Network and Internet monitoring.
- MPLS performance monitoring.
These are one of the best Nagios alternatives for Windows 10 and you can see they come with exquisite features and integration.
Which one have you tested and how did it work? We would love to hear your thoughts about them in the comments section below alongside other recommendations or suggestions.