If your Nikon camera taking black pictures, there’s a probably issue with your shutter.
This is a major problem, but in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix this issue on your own.
What to do if the Nikon camera is taking black pictures?
1. Set exposure to 30 seconds
This method might be potentially dangerous if you’re not careful, and we’re not responsible for any damage that might occur.
- Take the lens off and turn the camera on.
- Now set the camera to work in Manual mode.
- Change the exposure to 30 seconds.
- Take a photo and check if your shutter curtain is stuck.
- Hold the camera in one hand and gently thump the base of the camera with your other hand.
- Do this a couple of times and your camera should start working again.
2. Use Clean Image Sensor option
To fix this problem, some users are suggesting using the Clean Image Sensor option. This option should be available from the menu.
According to users, using a Clean Image Sensor option a few times should fix the problem with your camera.
3. Try removing the battery
- Turn your camera off.
- Once the camera is off, remove the battery.
- Replace the battery.
- Not turn the camera back on again.
- Check if the issue is still there.
4. Change the ISO value
According to users, changing the ISO setting fixed this problem for them.
It appears that the issue was caused only when ISO was set to 100.
After changing the ISO to a higher value, the problem was gone.
5. Take your camera to the repair center
If you’re still having this issue, there might be a hardware problem with your camera.
To fix it, it would be best to take it to the Nikon’s repair center and have a professional fix it for you.
There you go, we hope that our solutions helped you fix the problem with Nikon cameras and black pictures. If our solutions were helpful, feel free to let us know in the comment section below.