- Finding out that your Omegle camera is not working on Windows 10 can be annoying at times.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your issue is not caused by out-of-date drivers, by utilizing specialized software.
- Changing your browser to a more stable and capable option is also a very good solution and preventive measure for the Omegle camera not working.
- Following the exact steps to clear your browser's cached data and cookies can also help you resolve this problem.
Omegle is a chat website you can utilize with your laptop’s or desktop’s webcam, which allows you to meet random strangers from around the world.
However, some users have posted on support forums about the camera not working for Omegle’s video chat, which in turn doesn’t allow them to use the service as intended.
Many of those users have said Omegle displays this error message, Error with camera: Requested device not found.
Why is my camera not working on Omegle?
The Requested device not found error arises when the browser can’t detect your webcam.
This can be due to other apps utilizing the camera or firewalls blocking access to it, an issue with the browser you’re using, or an issue with the camera itself.
How can I fix camera errors on Omegle and get back to chatting?
1. Update your camera’s driver
Using specialized software not only allows you to resolve this issue quickly but ensures that you won’t install a corrupted or outdated driver as well.
DriverFix has a massive database of more than 18 million drivers that it downloads drivers from.
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch DriverFix.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
DriverFixYour Windows will stay safe from any type of errors and changes. Download and install DriverFix now!
2. Switch your browser to Opera
Using a stable and efficient browser can make a huge difference when it comes to chatting online using Omegle or simply exploring the web.
If you feel like your browser might be the reason for experiencing this issue, we recommend that you try out Opera.
This powerful browser not only enables you to protect your privacy online by using the built-in free VPN service, but offers incredibly fast loading speeds for any website as well.
Added to this, using Opera enables you quick access to all your social media accounts from the customizable side-bar, and offers you great customization options for the look and feel of your browser.
3. Clear your browser’s cookies and cache data
- To clear Google Chrome’s data, press the Ctrl + Shift + Del hotkey to open the options in the shot directly below.
- Select All time on the Time Range drop-down menu.
- Then select the Cookies and other site data checkbox.
- Click the Cached images and files option to select it.
- Click the Clear data button.
- Click the Open menu button in Firefox.
- Select Library > History to open the sidebar shown directly below.
- Click Clear Recent History to open the window shown directly below.
- Select Everything on the Time range to clear drop-down error message.
- Select the Cookies and Cache checkboxes.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Settings and more button at the top right corner of Edge.
- Select Settings and Privacy & Security on the left of the tab.
- Click the Choose what to clear button.
- Then select the Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files options.
- Press the Clear button.
4. Disable your firewall
- Press the Windows key (by Alt) + S to open a search utility.
- Type in firewall to search.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall to open that applet.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open those options.
- Select both the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall radio buttons, and click the OK option.
- Then try utilizing your camera on Omegle with the firewall off.
Users utilizing third-party antivirus software should uninstall or at least temporarily disable them.
Uninstalling an antivirus utility will ensure it’s not blocking Omegle. If you must keep the antivirus software, however, try disabling it by right-clicking the utility’s system tray icon and selecting a disable setting.
5. Turn off MS Store apps’ camera permissions
- Open the search box in Windows 10 by clicking the magnifying glass taskbar button.
- Enter camera settings in the search box.
- Select Choose which apps can access your camera.
- Toggle the Allow apps to access camera option on if it’s off.
- Toggle all the listed MS Store apps’ camera permissions off.
- Make sure the Allow desktop apps option is on.
So, there are a few potential resolutions for fixing the Omegle video chat webcam issue.
The above fixes are among the most widely confirmed resolutions that will surely help you fix Omegle’s video chat for most users.
Feel free to share your experience with us by using the comment section found below this guide.