A great number of Origin users have reported seeing an error whenever they tried logging into Origin Access.
This has caused a lot of frustration amongst the avid game players, as that means that they can’t get access to their games.
This error appears even if the Internet connection is running properly. Some users have said that they can even download files from Origin, but still can’t log into Origin Access.
At first glance, this issue seems to be caused by a server-side error, but our team has searched for the best troubleshooting methods to try in this situation.
Read on to find out what the methods are.
Try these methods to avoid an Origin Access error while signing in
1. Run Origin with administrator privileges
- Navigate to the location of your Origin launcher.
- Right-click it -> select Run as administrator.
Note: If you want to set these settings permanently, right-click the .exe file -> select Properties -> Compatibility tab -> tick the box Run this program as administrator -> click Ok.
2. Make sure your system’s clock and date are correct
- Click Cortana -> type Control panel -> open it.
- Select the Clock, Language, and Region option -> Date and Time.
- Inside the Internet Time tab -> click on Change Settings.
- Make sure the Synchronize with an internet time server option is enabled.
- Click Ok to close the time settings.
3. Deactivate any VPN software
Please close any VPN software completely, and check to see if the issue is resolved.
4. Remove Origin temporary files
- Right-click your taskbar -> click on Task Manager.
- Inside the Task Manager -> find Origin.exe and OriginWebHelperService.exe -> End task.
- Press Win+R keys on your keyboard -> type %ProgramData%/Origin -> Enter.
- Delete all the files and folders at that location but DO NOT delete the LocalContent folder.
- Open the Run dialog by pressing Win+R again -> type %AppData% -> hit Enter.
- Inside the folder -> delete the Origin folder.
- Click AppData the location link to open that folder -> open the Local folder -> delete Origin.
- Restart your computer and check to see if the issue persists.
5. Contact EA support to get help with the Origin Access error
If all the above-mentioned methods have failed to solve the problem, then it is recommended that you contact the EA Support.
- Visit the EA Support page.
- Select your country -> select Origin from the menu -> click Next.
- Select the platform you’re using and click Next.
- Choose the topic -> Next.
- Choose a contact option and ask for help from EA.
We would love to know if this guide managed to help you solve your issue and if you were able to connect to Origin Access normally.
Let us know by using the comment section below.
- Outlook blocked access to potentially unsafe attachments [FIX]
- Fix Origin client loading issues for good
- Your browser doesn’t allow clipboard access [FAST FIX]