Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Players on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC will soon cross-play Overwatch.
- For the moment, no official release date has been set for the rollout of this new long-awaited feature.
- After the launch of the cross-play feature, players that log in to the game by the end of 2021 will receive a Golden Loot Box to celebrate.
- This article will show you the steps you need to complete in order to be able to cross-play Overwatch.
This can only be music to the hears of the die-hard Overwatch fans, who have been waiting for such an opportunity for quite some time now,
And even though it’s taken a while, cross-play will be finally available for players on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC.
Overwatch expands cross-play to all gaming platforms
Although no official release date has been set for the rollout of this new feature, some details are available on the cross-playing requirements.
Cross-play will indeed allow players from various platforms to play Overwatch with and against one another.
However, cross-saving, which is the ability to carry your progress and account information from one platform to another, still has a long way to go before it is completed and available.
Even more good news for Overwatch players is that, with the launch of the cross-play feature, everyone who logs in to the game by the end of 2021 will receive a Golden Loot Box to celebrate.
How do I cross-play Overwatch?
According to a blog post, all console players, that want to play with users from other platforms, will be required to have a Battle.net account, which they will link to their console accounts.
The PC players don’t need to take this step, as they already a Battle.net account, from which they play this awesome game.
For them, when the game is launched, they will be prompted to link their console account to a Battle.net account.
In order to create a Battle.net account, you can follow the steps listed below.
- Visit Battle.net
- Create a free Battle.net account
- Once you create your Battle.net account, go to your Account Settings
- Click on the “Connections” section under Account Settings and link your console
After you have created your Battle.net account and you are ready to engage enemies from all platforms, all you have to do is:
These instructions apply to the in-game steps console players will need to take once Cross-Play is available.
- Launch the game on your system
- Press the confirmation button to progress through the Overwatch welcome screen
- You will be presented with an alpha-numeric code and a QR code
- The alpha-numeric code can be entered at blizzard.com/link
- The QR code may be scanned with a mobile app to take you to the linking webpage, which will be pre-populated with the code provided in-game
- Log in with your Battle.net account credentials to finalize the connection between your console game and Battle.net accounts
- You will receive an in-game message that your account is now successfully connected.
All that remains now is for the developers to finish with the process so we can all enjoy some good old-fashioned competition, spanning across all gaming platforms.
Haven’t picked your console yet? Read our Xbox Series S vs PS5 guide and find out which is the best console for you. And a few users claim that Palworld crossplay works in specific cases, so find out all about this topic from our dedicated article.
What are your thoughts on this initiative? Share your opinion with us in the comments section below.