- There are many image editors on the market, but one of the easiest to use is Paint.NET.
- The software has support for plugins, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you the best Paint.NET plugins that you can get.
- Want to learn more about Paint.NET? Be sure to check this dedicated Paint.NET article for more information.
- Looking for more guides like this one? You can find them in our Download Hub.
When it comes to image editors, Paint.NET is a pretty popular choice for many users. The software is simple to use, and it offers great features.
Paint.NET also supports various plugins, and in this article, we’re going to show you the best Paint.NET plugins and how to install them.
How to install Paint.NET plugins?
Extract the plugin to the required directory
- Download the plugin archive.
- Open the archive.
- Go to the Paint.NET installation directory at:
- Now extract the plugin to the required directory. In most cases, the plugin will come with instructions, so you’ll know where to extract it.
For the Windows Store version do the following:
- Go to the following directory:
- Create a new folder called paint.net App Files.
- Navigate to the paint.net App Files directory that you just created.
- Now create three different folders inside it named: Effects, FileTypes, Shapes.
- To install a plugin, just download it and move it to the directory that’s mentioned in the instructions file.
GIF Animation Creator FileType plugin
This plugin is created by a user called midora, and it requires two additional plugins in order to work. To use this plugin, you need to create layers individually.
After doing that, you need to rename them but adding // in their name. Once you do that, you can assign various animation attributes to that layer.
For example, you can assign the number of loops for the animation, or the duration for each individual frame.
This isn’t necessary for all frames, since the frame will copy the duration of the previous frame unless you manually specify it. If needed, you can also add comments for each layer.
Overall, the GIF Animation Creator FileType plugin is a solid Paint.NET GIF plugin, so you should really consider it.
PSD Plugin for Paint.NET
PSD Plugin for Paint.NET is a Paint.NET Photoshop plugin, and it lets you work with Photoshop files. The plugin will allow you to open and save PSD files with ease in Paint.NET.
The plugin will save RGB images, color depth of 8 bits per channel, raster images, layers along with their blend modes, and RLE compression from PSD files without any problems.
By using this plugin, you can easily edit your files in both Paint.NET and Photoshop, and if you’re using both applications, be sure to try this plugin.
If you’re looking for a Paint.NET perspective plugin, you might want to consider using Distort This. The plugin is simple to use and it will be available from the Effects menu.
To create the perspective effect, you just need to move the image corners to get the desired effect. You can also apply the antialiasing effect or create a forced perspective.
Overall, the plugin is incredibly simple to use, and it can create great perspective effects, so be sure to download it and try it out.
VTF Plug-In for Paint.NET
VTF files are associated with Valve’s games, and if you want to create your own VTF files, then this might be the perfect Paint.NET VTF plugin for you.
VTF Plug-In for Paint.NET brings support for a single frame or multi-frame VTF files. In addition, the plugin also works with 3 or 4 channel VTF files.
The plugin is simple to use, and it can be used to create simple VTF files. Although it’s not as powerful as other dedicated tools, it still offers solid features, so you should try it out.
If you’re looking for a bevel plugin for Paint.NET, Object Bevel might be just what you’re looking for. The software allows you to create various types of bevel effects with ease.
Speaking of bevel effects, you can create 10 different types of effects. All effects can be customized, and you can change the position of the light source, overall depth, the color of the bevel, etc.
The plugin is simple to use, but it offers extensive features, and it’s one of the best bevel plugins for Paint.NET out there.
Paint.NET is a great image editing software, but it’s even better with plugins. We listed some of the best and most commonly used plugins in this article that will make Paint.NET even better than before.
Did we miss your favorite plugins? Let us know in the comments below.