- There are users that prefer not to have any icons on their desktop and prefer to have them pinned on the taskbar, for easier access.
- However, some icons located on your desktop can only be pinned to the Start menu, at first sight.
- For example, the Recycle Bin does not provide users with the option to pin it to the Windows 11 taskbar.
- This action is possible, and by following the steps listed in this article you will be able to do so too.
If you are one of those users who want a clean desktop, without any icons obscuring a single pixel of their new Windows 11 wallpapers, we got you covered.
You can already find everything you need in the Start menu, but what about the pesky Recycle Bin? We’re guessing that you would like to have it pinned to your taskbar.
If so, know that the process is a simple one and only requires a few minutes of your time. By following these steps, you will be able to achieve this and completely free your desktop.
How do I pin the Recycle Bin to the taskbar on Windows 11?
Well, as we said, don’t panic, because pinning the Recycle Bin to your Windows 11 taskbar is easy.
- The first thing you will need to do is, of course, create a shortcut.
You can do so by right-clicking anywhere on your desktop, in order to spawn the menu, from which you will first select New item, and afterward select Shortcut.
2. After you created the shortcut, it’s time to select a path for it. To make sure that you create a shortcut for the Recycle Bin, input the following path into the window that opened, and then press Next.
3. Now it’s time to rename this shortcut so that it matches your preference. In this particular case, you can give this shortcut the same name as the Windows built-in tool that you are trying to pin to the taskbar, which is Recycle Bin.
Congratulations, you have just created the shortcut!
4. However, you will probably also want an icon that matches the Recycle Bin’s one. You can change it by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting Show more options.
5. This action will spawn the classic right click drop down menu, from which you have to select Properties,
6. From the settings windows that will appear, all you have to do is click on the Change Icon button.
7. Another settings window will open, one that will provide you with quite a few icon choices for your new shortcut. After selecting the one you want, click on Ok, and then on Apply.
You are almost done! After performing all these actions, right-click on your new shortcut and select Show more options.
8. The last step is to click on the Pin to taskbar option and your shortcut will automatically be added to the Windows 11 taskbar.
Now that you have everything pinned to your Start menu or your taskbar, you can enjoy your new, clean, operating system’s desktop.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know in the comments section below.