- For all Winamp nostalgics, Plex released a new music app for Windows PCs.
- Plexamp supports any music format that you can possibly imagine.
- This wonderful music player also works offline and plays without gaps.
- This tool definitely gives you an amazing design and enhanced features that are worth trying.
Plex just released a brand new music app for Windows PCs. This app called Plexamp is inspired by the good old Winamp, and it shows everything in a single window. According to Plex, the app can support any music format that you can possibly imagine.
Plex is a client-server media player system and software suite that includes two primary components. The Plex Media Server desktop app runs on Windows, Linux, and macOS compatible devices and also on some NAS ones.
Plexamp main features
- The app can play any music format that you could ever dream of.
- It comes with a companion support, and this means that it can be used to remote control other Plex players and it can also be remote controlled itself.
- It also works offline.
Plexamp advanced features
- Global activation hotkey
The app supports standard media keys, but it also provides a global activation hotkey much like Spotlight on macOS. This means that the app is the quickest way to find something in your music library.
- Gapless playback
This is a significant feature for a music player especially for an album with increased continuity between tunes.
- Soft transitions
Whenever you pause a track, instead of it abruptly stopping, it will fade out, and then it fades in again when resuming. Even if this is a subtle difference, it’s crucial for music enthusiasts.
A fun set of visualization that you’re able to enjoy while listening to your favorite tracks is one of the best things ever invented.
- Album art key color extraction
The app can extract important colors from an album’s artwork to use it for various purposes.
This music player looks terrific, and even it is similar to Winamp, it definitely manages to boast a better design and enhanced features. You can download Plexamp from Plex Labs.