Disable: “Prevent paper abrasion is set” pop up
Canon printers include a Prevent paper abrasion option that you can select to reduce smearing on paper. Although this is a good option to have for certain printouts, such as icing sheets, it also has a dialog window that appears each time you print with the setting enabled. The dialog window states that Prevent paper abrasion might have an impact on print quality.
The Prevent paper abrasion setting widens the space between the paper and print head. This helps reduce smudging and smearing, but can also spoil the print quality a little. So this is how you can configure the paper abrasion setting to enhance print quality and ensure the “Prevent paper abrasion is set” dialog window doesn’t pop up again.
- First, open the Devices and Printers tab. You can do that in Windows 10 by clicking the Cortana button and entering ‘Devices and Printers’ in the search box.
- Select Devices and Printers to open the Control Panel tab shown directly below.
- Alternatively, Windows 7 users can select Devices and Printers on the Start menu.
- Now you can right-click the listed Canon printer you’re printing with from the Devices and Printers tab. Select Properties from the context menu that opens.
- Click the Maintenance tab on the Canon Properties window.
- Press the Custom Settings button on the Maintenance tab to open a Custom Settings window.
- The Custom Settings window includes a Prevent paper abrasion option. Click that setting’s check box to deselect the option.
- Then press the OK button to confirm the adjusted settings.
- Press the Apply and OK button on the Properties window.
Now the “Prevent paper abrasion is set” dialog window won’t open. Deselecting the paper abrasion setting might also enhance print quality a little. Check out this Windows Report post for further Canon printer tips.
If you tried launching Twitch with Minecraft this past month, you might have encountered this error Twitch could not verify Minecraft version. Even though the […]
Many users have reported Internet connection sharing error 1053 when trying to start the Internet Connection Sharing services (ICS). After our research regarding this error […]
According to some Reddit users, Windows 10 v1903 caused problems for .ogg extension files. In other words, they can’t play .ogg files on their computers […]