Sometimes, when trying to execute a printing command, users are met with a popup error b203 message. Consequently, this error prevents them from finishing the task on their Canon printer that keeps on displaying the problem in the form of this error code.
This actually is a printing error that likely occurs due to minor issues in a printer device such as an empty cartridge, the need for a firmware update, an outdated printer driver, a paper jam, or an unstable connection between the printer and the system.
If you are also one of those users who are facing the Canon printer error code b203, have a look at the fixes below and try to proceed as instructed.
How can I fix Canon printer error b203?
1. Perform a power cycle
- At first, turn off your Canon printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Then, re-open it by holding the Power button for a minute.
- Attach the power cord again and connect it to your device.
- Power on both the system and the Canon printer.
- Now, try to take a print and check whether the printer error b203 is resolved or not.
2. Check your ink cartridge
First of all, turn off your printer and make sure all the ink cartridges are full. You can pull all the ink cartridges out of the printer and make sure there is plenty of ink in them. Refill the cartridge to resolve the error.
Moreover, improper installation of ink tanks can also generate this precise printer issue. Make sure that’s not your case.
3. Rule out a potentially bad network connection
To further verify and fix this problem, take into consideration that a bad network connection between the printer and the system could possibly be the core of it.
So, if you have wirelessly connected the system with your printer, try to reconnect it in order to rectify the issue.
4. Remove paper jam
- Open the front cover and remove all the torn papers.
- If there are any obstacles between the paper feed tray and the front cover, turn out the blue thumbwheel and clean it.
- Reconnect the printer with the power outlet and the PC.
- Try to take a printout and check whether the error reappears or nor.
The b203 error can also occur due to a debris piece of paper or a small document blocking the printer to work properly. Remove the materials as described above to restore your Canon printer to its usual working state.
5. Update drivers
- At first, hit the Windows key + R keyboard hotkey simultaneously.
- A run dialog box will appear on your device, so type devmgmt.msc.
- Press the Enter button next.
- The Device Manager page will appear on your screen.
- Search for Printer Driver.
- Right-click on it.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen, so tap the Update driver button.
- Your printer driver will start updating.
- After updating the drivers, restart your device to keep the changes.
If all of the above does not work, you’ll want to look at drivers. They help the printer and the operating system communicate, so it is essential that their software is kept up-to-date. If the driver becomes corrupted, the system may crash and you end up with these annoying errors.
6. Use Windows Troubleshooter
Most of the time, the cause of this error is related to simple internal issues of the printer. However, sometimes, the connected system is also responsible for it. This tool steps in as the default troubleshooter on Windows 10 ready to keep your printer free of any errors.
You can easily open it from the search bar by just writing troubleshoot in the search area. Then, this handy tool will automatically resolve all identified issues.
Any solid particles, specks of dust, dirt, etc. found in the paper tray sometimes lead to getting this kind of error too. Don’t hesitate to clean the printhead with a wet cotton ball. Let it dry for sometimes and put the cartridge back again.
We hope our solutions and suggestions are helpful to you. If you have fixed this issue with an alternative resolution, don’t hesitate to share it in the comments area below.
- Fix: ‘Ink may have run out’ error message for Canon printers
- FIX: Cannon printer error 5011
- You do not have privileges to delete the printer error [FIX]