My printer prints yellow instead of red [SOLVED]
If you own an HP printer you may notice that the printer is printing documents in Red even though the color of the source file is Yellow. This is a common issue and can happen with other printers as well. This issue is usually caused if you have a cartridge running low on ink or if the cartridge heads are not clean.
In this article, we take a look at a couple of fixes to resolve “my printer prints yellow instead of red” issue.
Why is my printer printing in yellow only?
1. Clean the Printheads
- Performing multiple cleaning of the printheads can resolve any printer related issues.
- Load plain white papers in the input tray.
- On the printer control panel, press the Right Arrow key to display more option.
- From the list of options, select Setup.
- Select Tools to view the Tools Menu.
- Select “Clean Printhead“.
- Wait for the printer to complete the printhead cleaning process. Press OK once the process is complete.
- The printer will now print a test page for you to review the results.
- If you are not satisfied, perform another printhead cleaning repeating the earlier steps. Do this 3-4 times if needed.
2. Align the Printhead
- Load plain paper in the input tray.
- Press the Right Arrow key to display the second navigation screen.
- Select “Tools” from the options and then press Align Printhead.
- Wait for the printer to align the printhead and then print an alignment page.
- Make sure you print another Print Quality Diagnostic Page to see if the issue is resolved.
3. Check Low ink Level
- The printer uses a variety of colors for mixing and printing the document in the required color. If any of the ink cartridges is low on ink, then you may need to replace it.
- For example, if the red color is not printing then you need to also check for cyan apart from Red cartridge ink level.
- Press the Setup button on the printer control panel.
- Press the down arrow key and select Tools and press OK.
- Select “Display Ink Gauge” and press OK. This will display the ink level of the cartridges on the printer’s control panel.
- Replace the cartridge if needed.
4. Recalibrate the Color
- Load a couple of clean and white paper in the input tray.
- Open the HP Solution Center app.
- Click on Settings and select Print Settings.
- Now click on Printer Toolbox.
- From the Device Services tab, click on Calibrate Color option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. The process may take a few minutes to complete. Wait for the printer to print the test report, verify the report and repeat the process again if needed.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- How to Reset Waste Ink Pad Counter for Epson printers [QUICK GUIDE]
- [FIX THIS] Printer displayed as Unspecified device in Windows 10
- How to remove a corrupted printer driver [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]