My printer prints yellow instead of red [SOLVED]
Solve the printer issue where it prints yellow instead of red
- Printing the wrong colors is sometimes caused by a problematic cartridge that is either of ink or malfunctioning.
- A clear solution is to replace the cartridge which costs money, but not before you check all our frees solutions below
If you own an HP printer you may notice that the printer is printing documents in Red even though the color of the source file is Yellow. This is a common issue and can happen with other printers as well. This issue is usually caused if you have a cartridge running low on ink or if the cartridge heads are not clean.
In this article, we take a look at a couple of fixes to resolve “my printer prints yellow instead of red” issue.
Why is my printer printing in yellow only?
1. Clean the Printheads
- Performing multiple cleaning of the printheads can resolve any printer related issues.
- Load plain white papers in the input tray.
- On the printer control panel, press the Right Arrow key to display more option.
- From the list of options, select Setup.
- Select Tools to view the Tools Menu.
- Select “Clean Printhead“.
- Wait for the printer to complete the printhead cleaning process. Press OK once the process is complete.
- The printer will now print a test page for you to review the results.
- If you are not satisfied, perform another printhead cleaning repeating the earlier steps. Do this 3-4 times if needed.
2. Align the Printhead
- Load plain paper in the input tray.
- Press the Right Arrow key to display the second navigation screen.
- Select “Tools” from the options and then press Align Printhead.
- Wait for the printer to align the printhead and then print an alignment page.
- Make sure you print another Print Quality Diagnostic Page to see if the issue is resolved.
3. Check Low ink Level
- The printer uses a variety of colors for mixing and printing the document in the required color. If any of the ink cartridges is low on ink, then you may need to replace it.
- For example, if the red color is not printing then you need to also check for cyan apart from Red cartridge ink level.
- Press the Setup button on the printer control panel.
- Press the down arrow key and select Tools and press OK.
- Select “Display Ink Gauge” and press OK. This will display the ink level of the cartridges on the printer’s control panel.
- Replace the cartridge if needed.
4. Recalibrate the Color
- Load a couple of clean and white paper in the input tray.
- Open the HP Solution Center app.
- Click on Settings and select Print Settings.
- Now click on Printer Toolbox.
- From the Device Services tab, click on Calibrate Color option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. The process may take a few minutes to complete. Wait for the printer to print the test report, verify the report and repeat the process again if needed.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.