This program is blocked by Group Policy [QUICK GUIDE]
Have you ever encountered This program is blocked by Group Policy error on your PC? Fortunately for you, this error is relatively simple to fix, and today we’ll show you how to fix it for good.
Here’s how one user on Technet Microsoft forums reported the issue:
I’m an IT technician and one of my clients has suddenly experienced an issue whereby they can no longer execute two programs without right clicking and selecting “Run As Administrator”. This happened “out of the blue” and without any warning or trigger event. The user has been running this same configuration for months before this issue started happening.
If they just click the icon and do a normal execute they receive the message “Program blocked by Group Policy“.
How can I bypass This program is blocked by Group Policy error?
1. Disable the Software Restriction Policy
- Press Windows Key + X -> Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Run the following command in the Command Prompt:
- After it will appear the message that is OK, you can reboot your computer to save the changes and hopefully, the issue will be fixed.
2. Delete Registry Keys
- Press Windows Key + R -> Type regedit -> Press Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Go to the next registry key:
- Press DisallowRun and if appears at Data: msseces.exe, right-click on it (msseces.exe) and Delete.
- To save changes, you have to reboot your computer and see if the error message still appears.
3. Create a New User Account
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings -> then press Accounts.
- Select Family & other people (you can find it in the left-hand menu) -> Add someone else o this PC.
- Press on I doesn’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Click on Add a user without a Microsoft Account.
- Create the new username and password for the new account and press Next.
- Next, you have to Sign In with this new user account.
- Check if the problem is still there.
There you go, few simple solutions that should help you out
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- The group policy client service failed the logon error on Windows 10 [FIX]
- Full Fix: Corrupt local group policy on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- How to edit the Group Policy on Windows 10, 8.1
Have you ever had There was a problem updating your controller error while you were trying to update your Xbox One controller? If the answer […]