You can play Netflix from your FireStick or Chromecast on the big screen by connecting it to a projector. However, some users have reported that they are getting an error while trying to play Netflix on their projector from the computer and other devices. This issue can be caused by several reasons including incorrect settings configuration and audio/video format incompatibility.
In this article, we tried to fix Netflix won’t play on projector issue with some troubleshooting tips.
Why can’t I play Netflix through a projector?
1. Setup the Projector to use with Netflix
- Make sure you have followed the steps given below correctly to connect your Projector to PC and to play Netflix.
- Plug the projector’s video connection into the video port of the computer and turn on the Projector.
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Select System and then click on Display.
- Click on “Connect to a Wireless Display“.
- From the right pane, select your Projector.
- That’s it. Make any changes to the display size as per your requirement and play Netflix on Chrome / Edge browser.
- This should allow you to play Netflix on a projector without any issues.
Note: If you are using Windows 10 Netflix app, you may not be able to project some content due to protected content settings. It is advised that you use the open-source web browser like Chrome / Edge to play Netflix content from the web.
2. Check the Source Device and Projector are Connected Correctly
- If the issue persists, check that the cables and adapters are firmly plugged in.
- Also, check that you are using the proper cable or adapter to connect your source device to the projector.
- In case your projector comes with USB-C port to display content, make sure it is connected to a USB-C video port and not USB-C charge port.
- If you are connecting to the projector via VGA port, check that you are using a VGA to HDMI converter and it is working correctly.
3. Update Google Chrome Browser
- If you are using the Google Chrome web browser to play Netflix on the computer, check if it is up to date.
- Launch Google Chrome and click on the Menu button.
- Go to Help and select About Google Chrome.
- Check if any update is pending for the browser and install it.
- Relaunch the browser and launch Netflix. Try to play any content and check if the Projector is playing it.
4. Try a different browser
If the previous solution didn’t help, you might want to try using a different browser. There are many great browsers on the market, but if you’re looking something similar to Chrome, we suggest you try UR Browser.
This browser focuses on user privacy thanks to the built-in VPN, tracking, phishing and malware protection.
In addition to these features, there’s also a built-in adblocker, so you won’t have to deal with pesky ads ever again.
5. Update Display Driver
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press OK to open the Device Manager.
- In the device manager, expand Display Adapter.
- Right-click on your display Adapter ( Intel UDH Graphic 620) and select Update Driver.
- Select “Search automatically for Updated driver“.
- Wait for the Windows to download any pending update and install it. Restart the system and check for any improvements.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Fix: Display not working after Windows 10 April Update
- Solved: Unable to display to a VGA projector in Windows 10
- ‘Display not compatible’ error prevents Windows 10