Fix: QuickTime no Longer Works after Windows 10 Upgrade
When switching to a new operating system there’s always a concern whether your favorite apps are going to work on your new operating system. According to reports QuickTime no longer works after upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, so let’s is there a way to fix this issue.
What to do if QuickTime Doesn’t Work in Windows 10
Users report that they can’t install QuickTime on Windows 10, but there are few workarounds that will allow you to install QuickTime even if you’re using Windows 10.
Before we start you’ll need to download QuickTime for Windows as well as WinRAR or 7Zip. Remember the location where you’ve saved QuickTime installation because you’ll need to visit that folder couple of times in order to complete this process.
For simplicity, it’s best to save installation in C:\QT folder.
Solution – Repair the QuickTime installation
- Right click the QuickTime installation and select Extract here option.
- Download the TRANSFORM file.
- Extract the content from FIX.zip to the C:\QT folder.
- Run and install AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi and AppleApplicationSupport.msi.
- Right click QuickTime.msi file and choose Troubleshoot compatibility.
- Wait for the wizard to complete the scan.
- You should get notification saying that Skip Version Check workaround has been applied.
- Now click Test the program and run the installation.
If for some reason this solution didn’t work for you, you might want to try these steps as well:
- Run Command Prompt as administrator. You can open it by typing CMD into Search bar, right clicking Command
- Prompt from the list of results and choosing Run as administrator.
- Navigate using Command Prompt to the folder where you’ve extracted QuickTime installation files. You can do so by typing CD C:\QT in Command Prompt.
Enter the following command into Command Prompt and press Enter:
- msiexec /i QuickTime.msi /qn TRANSFORMS=FIX.mst ALLUSERS=1 /log C:\QT\install.log
- Wait for installation to complete.
- QuickTime should be installed now, but if QuickTime isn’t working you can check install.log file in C:\QT folder to see what errors did you encounter.
That would be all, I hope this solution helped you to solve the problem with QuickTime in Windows 10. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, just reach for the comment section below.
Read Also: Fix: MSN Weather App Doesn’t Work
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]