- The popular instant messaging app Kik does not offer a built-in chat backup and restore option.
- In this article, we explore two ways to restore deleted Kik messages and photos.
- For more interesting articles on instant messaging apps like Kik, check out our dedicated Web Apps Hub.
- Explore our Social and Communication section to find more useful tools and tips on this subject.
Kik Messenger is a popular instant messaging app for Android devices. Unlike other popular instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, Kik does not offer backup and restore chats feature to its users. However, at times you may want to restore deleted Kik messages and pictures on Android.
Kik, by default, does not offer any way to backup and restore Kik messages. However, there a few workarounds that you can try to recover the deleted Kik message.
In this article, we show you how to restore deleted Kik messages & pictures on Android devices.
How do I recover my deleted Kik Messages & photos?
1. Recover deleted messages with AnyMp4 Data Recovery
AnyMP4 Android Data Recovery is a popular Android data recovery software. It helps you recover deleted and lost Android files, including Kik photos.
AnyMP4 Android Data Recovery can recover all kinds of data, including contacts, text messages, WhatsApp & Attachment, call history, photos, music, videos, notes, and documents.
To recover your Kik messages, launch AnyMP4 Android Data Recovery, connect your Android device to your PC, and perform a scan. Preview the files that you want to restore and then proceed to restore the selected data.
- Recover lost contacts, messages, attachments, and calls logs.
- Enables you to recover data from broken devices.
- Backup photos, music, video, and documents from your Android phone.
- Supports all versions of Android and smartphones.
Quick Tip: Backup Kik messages with backup apps
Apps like AnyMP4 Android Data Recovery comes with backup and recovery features. Launch the app and check if you can backup Kik messages. You can also use the recovery apps to back up media files, contacts, and documents and then restore them with one click as well.
AnyMp4 Android Data Recovery
Easily recover deleted Kik messages on Android by using this powerful software today!
2. Recover lost Kik chat from Android backup
- Open the Settings option on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap on Account. Login with the credentials if required.
- Select the Backup and Restore option.
- Tap on the Restore option.
- Find any Kik messenger backup and proceed to restore.
All the Android devices have a built-in backup and restore option that you can use to restore backups. Since Kik does not offer any built-in option to backup chats, so you can only hope to find some media files, if any.
How to Backup Kik messages
Since Kik doesn’t have a default backup option, you must create a backup of any important messages that you want to preserve by yourself. Here’s what you can do to
If you are an Android user, try taking a screenshot of any important message and save it to the gallery. Open Kik and then open the chat room of which you want to take a screenshot.
Use the built-in screen capturing option to grab a few quick screenshots. Most of the Android phones use the Power and Volume button combination to save a screenshot.
Unlike other instant messaging apps, Kik does not provide an option to backup chat history and media. Your only option is to try third-party recovery apps or check for any backups in the Android settings.