- The ScanSnap iX500 is a popular but discontinued scanner device from Fujitsu.
- You can continue using it on both Windows 11 and 10 with proper driver installation.
- To get the best compatible driver, you can use the Device Manager or follow the methods mentioned in this article.
Do you need the appropriate driver for the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 duplex image scanner? The iX500 is one of the most commonly used scanners out there. However, this product has been discontinued. So, a lot of users cannot take full advantage of it because they don’t have a proper driver.
But you can download and install the driver easily on any version of the Microsoft operating system, including the latest Windows 11 and its predecessor Windows 10.
Is ScanSnap iX500 compatible with the latest Windows 11 and 10?
Fujitsu’s popular scanner model iX500 is fully compatible with Windows 11 and 10. Though some users faced driver-related problems or did not find a stable driver for Windows 11 at the beginning, it has changed now.
If proper drivers are installed, no one should face any compatibility issues with this ScanSnap scanner model and the latest Microsoft Operating systems. Fujitsu has officially discontinued the iX500 model. But, software support will end on January 31, 2024.
After that, users may face compatibility issues with future Windows versions and builds.
How can I download ScanSnap iX500 drivers for Windows 10?
1. Manually from the official website
- Go to the Download page.
- Select Windows 10 and click on the Display Software list.
- Download the ScanSnap Home Download Installer as shown in the instructions for Windows 11.
- Install it on your PC.
- Follow the same steps to complete the setup and driver installation.
- Restart Windows 10.
2. Automatically, using a dedicated tool
- Download and install the DriverFix like before.
- Open it and start scanning for the missing drivers.
- Click on the Install/Update button.
As usual, DriverFix is the easiest way to find missing drivers and install them on a PC. In addition, it can update one or multiple drivers with just a single click. If appropriately configured, it can do this job automatically according to your own schedule.
How to download and install the ScanSnap iX500 driver on Windows 11?
Before downloading the driver, we suggest you do the following things:
- Update Windows 11 to the latest version or at least one of the recent versions.
- Have a workable internet connection.
- Connect your iX500 scanner with a proper cable.
Now, follow these methods:
1. Use Device Manager
- Open the Start Menu, type device manager, and hit Enter to open it.
- Find the iX500 driver, right-click on it and choose Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers.
- Follow any additional on-screen steps to complete the process.
As the driver is not installed, you can find it in Device Manager‘s Other devices section.
2. Use ScanSnap Home
- Go to the Software download page for Scan Snap iX500.
- Click on Download next to the ScanSnap Home Download Installer.
- Open it on your PC.
- It should detect the scanner connected to your PC.
- You also can select the model manually and click on Start setup.
- Follow any on-screen steps to finish the setup and driver installation.
- After that, restart your PC.
3. Use a dedicated tool
- Go and download DriverFix.
- Install it on your PC.
- Open this software.
- Scan for the missing drivers.
- Download the iX500 driver for Windows 11.
- Install the driver.
DriverFix is the best way to get the latest compatible iX500 driver on Windows 11. But you can follow other methods without any problem.
This article has shown the ways to download and install the ScanSnap iX500 scanner driver on both Windows 11 and 10. If you have any suggestions, you can write them down in the comment box below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.