- Google Chrome might be the most popular browser in the world, but even the best browsers have issues.
- Regarding Chrome errors, some users reported that scroll bar is missing in Chrome on their PC.
- To fix problem, be sure to update Chrome to the latest version and disable all extensions that might interfere with it.
- We covered Chrome extensively, and if you’re interested in more similar guides, we suggest you check our our Chrome hub for more similar articles.
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features.
However, nothing is perfect and Chrome is plagued by many issues. Many users encountered an annoying problem that makes browsing almost impossible: the scroll bar is missing.
Luckily, there are some solutions available and today we will show you how to fix this error in no time.
No scroll bar in Chrome? Try these solutions
1. Update Chrome
Many users reported that this error appears on older versions and Chrome and it is something that Google solved with an update.
Therefore, keep in mind to update your browser constantly to make sure Chrome will run properly.
2. Disable extensions
- Go to the three vertical dots from the upper-right corner of Chrome.
- Select More tools.
- Click on Extensions.
- Disable the extensions to see which one causes the problem.
3. Use another browser
To avoid this issue (and many others), you can change your browser. There are many great tools to surf the Internet out there. We recommend UR Browser to navigate securely and without any worries.
This is a privacy-oriented browser and a lightweight tool that will not eat all your resources.
To find out more about UR Browser, check out our in-depth review.
A missing scroll bar is a major issue in Chrome, but fortunately, you can solve this issue in no time with our solutions. Update your browser constantly or install another browser. We recommend UR Browser for enhanced protection.
Also, you don’t need to worry about losing your bookmarks. You can import them with the help of one of these tools.
It is worth mentioning that some plugins might be faulty. In this case, disable the extension. If you need that plugin, you can install it again to see if the problem persists.
Alternatively, you can choose a similar extension with the same function. to keep your browser top notch.
Did our solutions help you? Do let us know in the comments section below!
FAQ: Learn more about Google Chrome
- Why did my scroll bar disappear in Chrome?
Your scrollbar can disappear for several reasons, but most likely are Chrome extensions or a corrupted Chrome installation.
- How do I make the toolbar bigger on Google Chrome?
You can change the width of the toolbar in Google Chrome simply by resizing it. As for the height, you can’t change toolbar’s height.
- Why is my Google Chrome font so small?
Fonts in Google Chrome can be small, especially if the page is zoomed out. In addition, check the Font Size value in Web Content section on the Chrome’s settings page.
- How do I change my Google font?
To change your Chrome font, go to Chrome Menu > Settings. Now select Customize Fonts and adjust your font as you wish.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.