- Google Chrome might be the most popular browser in the world, but even the best browsers have issues.
- Regarding Chrome errors, some users reported that the scroll bar is missing in Chrome on their PC.
- If you’re interested in more similar guides, we suggest you check out our Chrome Hub.
- If you need further guidance with your PC, visit our dedicated Fix page.
However, nothing is perfect and Chrome is plagued by many issues. Many users encountered an annoying problem that makes browsing almost impossible: the scroll bar is missing.
Luckily, there are some solutions available and today we will show you how to fix this error in no time.
These solutions are also helpful if you have the following issues:
- Chrome scroll bar missing
- Scroll bar disappears Chrome
- Chrome scroll bar disappears
- Scroll bar missing Chrome browser
How do I fix a missing scroll bar in Chrome?
1. Use another browser
To avoid this issue (and many others), you can change your browser. There are many great tools to surf the Internet out there. We recommend Opera to navigate securely and without any worries.
It uses the same Chromium engine as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, but it only takes up a fraction of the system resources that they do.
More so, this product is extremely stable and frequently updated, so common errors will be fixed in no time.
Additionally, any issues with the UI elements can be easily fixed either by using the built-in customization tool, or with the vast library of extensions that allow easy integration of various services.
OperaCustomize the way your Internet browser looks and feels thanks to Opera's inherent versatility.
2. Update Chrome
Many users reported that this error appears on older versions and Chrome and it is something that Google solved with an update.
Therefore, keep in mind to update your browser constantly to make sure Chrome will run properly.
3. Disable extensions
- Go to the three vertical dots from the upper-right corner of Chrome.
- Select More tools.
- Click on Extensions.
- Disable the extensions to see which one causes the problem.
A missing scroll bar is a major issue in Chrome, but fortunately, you can solve this issue in no time with our solutions. Update your browser constantly or install another browser. We recommend UR Browser for enhanced protection.
Also, you don’t need to worry about losing your bookmarks. You can import them with the help of one of these tools.
It is worth mentioning that some plugins might be faulty. In this case, disable the extension. If you need that plugin, you can install it again to see if the problem persists.
Alternatively, you can choose a similar extension with the same function. to keep your browser top notch.
Did our solutions help you? Do let us know in the comments section below!
FAQ: Learn more about Google Chrome
- Why did my scroll bar disappear in Chrome?
Your scrollbar can disappear for several reasons, but most likely are Chrome extensions or a corrupted Chrome installation.
- How do I make the toolbar bigger on Google Chrome?
You can change the width of the toolbar in Google Chrome simply by resizing it. As for the height, you can’t change toolbar’s height.
- Why is my Google Chrome font so small?
Fonts in Google Chrome can be small, especially if the page is zoomed out. In addition, check the Font Size value in Web Content section on the Chrome’s settings page.
- How do I change my Google font?
To change your Chrome font, go to Chrome Menu > Settings. Now select Customize Fonts and adjust your font as you wish.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in September 2019 and was revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.