- Instagram does not offer any in-built options to view your profile visitors.
- However, there’s a workaround that can help you see who views your profile as discussed below in a step by step guide.
- Do check out our dedicated How-To section for more quick how-to guides.
- Also, explore our Software Hub to learn other useful tips and tricks on this topic.
Instagram is a popular social media app for business and non-business folks alike. Owned by Facebook, Instagram can get addictive without you even realizing it. And if you ever wondered whether you could view your Instagram profile visitors, the answer is both no and yes.
Just like any other social media apps, your profiles may get more visits from random users than actual followers you have.
That being said, in this article we explore a few ways to show you how to see who views your Instagram profile.
How can I see who viewed my Instagram profile?
Use Instagram stories to see who visited your profile
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap on your Profile icon lined up in the bottom left corner.
- You should see the list of users who have viewed your story/highlights.
You can also block any user with whom you don’t want to share your stories. Tap the menu button next to the user’s profile and select the Hide Story option.
Use Instagram Business Accounts
If you are a business or running an official account, you can switch your regular Instagram account to Business Account. Switching to business accounts allows you to access Instagram analytics to better understand your audience.
- From your Instagram profile, tap on Profile.
- Select Settings.
- Tap on Switch to Business Account/ Professional Account.
- Select Whether you are a content creator or a Business.
Once the transition is complete, you can access the valuable insights about the users visiting your profile, including the visitor’s location, age, gender, and time of activity.
That said, the insights don’t reveal the names of the users who have visited your profile.
So, switching to a professional account is only useful if you want more insights about your audience and not looking to find the individual users.
Instagram, by default, does not allow users to view who visited their profile due to privacy reasons.
Even if that is the case, you can use the Stories/Highlights section to get a brief idea about who may have visited your profile.