- Encountering the Sims 4 error when you're trying to play the game is not a good sight at all, but this guide will help.
- Repairing Sims 4 with Origin's Repair option is one confirmed fix for the Sims 4 error. Scroll down for more details.
- If you want to explore a variety of troubleshooting articles for this game, don't hesitate to check out our detailed Sims 4 section.
- Don't forget to bookmark our extensive Gaming Hub for access to a wide range of fixes and information about games.
The game displays the following error message, Can’t run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. However, the Sims 4 video card error can occur even when players have a graphics card that meets the game’s system requirements.
How do I fix the Sims 4 video card error?
1. Select the Repair option for Sims in Origin
- Some players have confirmed they’ve fixed the Sims 4 video card error by selecting the Repair option for it in Origin. To do so, open the Origin game client software.
- Then click My Games.
- Right-click on Sims 4 to open the context menu for it.
- Then select the Repair game context menu option.
2. Disable Origin in-game
- Open the Origin window.
- Click the My Games library option.
- Next, right-click the Sims 4 game and select Properties.
- Deselect the Enable Origin in Game for Sims 4 option on the General tab.
3. How do I update my Sims 4 video card driver?
The Sims 4 video card error might be due to an antiquated or corrupted graphics card driver. You can update your graphics card driver with Driver Booster 7.
You simply need to download the setup wizard for this software by clicking the link below, install it, and start scanning for the latest drivers.
Driver Booster 7 is very fast and efficient at finding specific updates for your system. This great software enables you to use your time in a more time-efficient manner and also to avoid researching online for drivers manually.
The software starts by analyzing your system’s driver requirements, and then it compares the results with a thorough database filled with the latest releases for each of your drivers.
Check out the amazing capabilities of Driver Booster 7 for yourself, by clicking the download button below.
IObit Driver Booster 7
With just a few clicks of the mouse, this amazing software ensures that your PC's drivers will always be up to date,
4. Run Sims 4 in compatibility mode
- Try running Sims 4 in Compatibility mode by right-clicking the Sims 4 shortcut or .exe file, and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab shown in the shot directly below.
- Click the Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
- Then select Windows 8 on the OS drop-down menu.
- Select the Apply option to save settings.
- Click OK to exit the window.
5. Open Sims 4 in windows mode
- Right-click a desktop shortcut for Sims 4 and select Properties. If you don’t have a shortcut for the game, add one to the desktop.
- Select the Shortcut tab.
- Add a -w to the end of the target path box as shown directly below. Alternatively, you can also add the -window switch to the end of that path.
- Then click the Apply and OK buttons.
- Click the Sims 4 shortcut to launch the game.
- Alternatively, you can right-click Sims 4 in Origin to select Game Properties. Then enter -w in the Command line arguments box on the Advanced Launch options tab, and click the Save button.
6. Disable mods for Sims 4
- Try disabling mods for Sims 4 by moving the Mods folder. Open File Explorer (press the Windows + E hotkeys).
- Open the Sims 4 folder.
- Then look for Sims 4’s Mods folder.
- Select the Mods folder, and click the Move to button.
- Select Desktop inside the Move to menu.
- Next, restart Windows.
- Then try running Sims 4 again.
The above resolutions could fix the Sims 4 video card error for lots of players. However, the issue can also arise when a graphics card doesn’t meet the game’s minimum system requirements. So, check your desktop or laptop meets Sim 4’s system requirements.
FAQ: Read more about the Sims 4 video card error
- What’s a video card for Sims 4?
The minimum video card system requirements for Sims 4 are NVIDIA GeForce 6600 and ATI Radeon X1300. Check out this great guide for more Nvidia video card suggestions.
- Can you play Sims 4 without a discrete graphics card?
The Intel GMA X4500 is among the game’s supported graphics cards, which is an integrated GPU. Check out this thorough guide to see more graphics card options.
- What’s the best fix for the Sims 4 video card error?
That’s hard to say, as the issue can arise for various reasons. However, selecting Origin’s Repair option for Sims 4 and updating the graphics card driver are two of the more likely fixes.