- Encountering a Sims 4 isn't a good sight at all error when you're trying to play
- Although there can be many causes for this error, anybody can fix it using the solutions below.
- To explore a variety of troubleshooting articles for this game, check out our detailed Sims 4 section.
- Bookmark our extensive Gaming Hub for access to a wide range of information about games.
Some players have posted about a Sims 4 unrecognized video card error on EA’s forum.
That error can occur for some players when they try to launch Sims 4.
The game displays the following error message:
Can’t run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system.
However, the Sims 4 video card error can occur even when players have a graphics card that meets the game’s system requirements.
How do I fix the Sims 4 video card error?
1. Update the video card driver
The Sims 4 video card error might be due to an antiquated or corrupted graphics card driver.
Therefore, make sure that your graphics card driver is up to date by using a dedicated tool such as DriverFix for a quick scan.
You simply need to download the software, open it and it will start scanning for the latest drivers.
DriverFix is very fast and efficient at finding specific updates for your system. When using this great software, you’ll be able to use your time in a more time-efficient manner and also avoid researching online for drivers manually.
The software starts by analyzing your system’s driver requirements, and then it compares the results with a thorough database filled with the latest releases for each of your drivers.
Check out the amazing capabilities of DriverFix for yourself, by clicking the button below.
With just a few clicks of the mouse, this amazing software ensures that your PC's drivers will always be up to date.
2. Use the Repair option in Origin
- Open the Origin game client software.
- Then click My Games.
- Right-click on Sims 4 to open its context menu.
- Then select the Repair game context menu option.
3. Disable Origin in-game
- Open the Origin window.
- Click the My Games library option.
- Next, right-click the Sims 4 game and select Properties.
- Deselect the Enable Origin in Game for Sims 4 option on the General tab.
4. Run Sims 4 in compatibility mode
- Right-click the Sims 4 shortcut or .exe file, and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Click the Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
- Then select Windows 8 on the OS drop-down menu.
- Select the Apply option to save settings.
- Click OK to exit the window.
5. Open Sims 4 in windows mode
- Right-click a desktop shortcut for Sims 4 and select Properties. (If you don’t have a shortcut for the game, add one to the desktop.)
- Add a -w to the end of the target path box as shown directly below. (Alternatively, you can also add the -window switch to the end of that path.)
- Then click the Apply and OK buttons.
- Click the Sims 4 shortcut to launch the game.
Alternatively, you can right-click Sims 4 in Origin to select Game Properties. Then enter -w in the Command line arguments box on the Advanced Launch options tab, and click the Save button.
6. Disable mods for Sims 4
- Open File Explorer (press the Windows + E hotkeys).
- Open the Sims 4 folder.
- Then, look for Sims 4’s Mods folder.
- Select the Mods folder, and click the Move to button.
- Select Desktop inside the Move to menu.
- Next, restart Windows.
- Then try running Sims 4 again.
The above resolutions should fix the Sims 4 video card error for lots of players.
Note that the issue can also arise when a graphics card doesn’t meet the game’s minimum system requirements. Make sure to check this detail out as well.
Feel free to tell us which solutions worked for you, using the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The recommended great guide for more Nvidia video card suggestions.for Sims 4 are NVIDIA GeForce 6600 and ATI Radeon X1300. Check out this
The Intel GMA X4500 is among the game’s supported graphics cards, which is an integrated GPU. Check out this thorough guide to see more graphics card options.
That’s hard to say, as the issue can arise for various reasons. However, updating the graphics card driver is a possible efficient fix.