Skype for Business includes status indicators for its users. The app displays Available, Busy, Away, and Do not disturb status indicators, among others, for each contact shown within the app’s window.
However, the Skype for Business status indicator changes to Inactive after just five minutes of inactivity by default. That status changes to Away five minutes later.
Thus, the Skype for Business status indicator might change a little too quickly for some users. For example, a quick tea break will probably be enough to ensure the user status changes.
Users can, however, configure the status indicator so that it appears available for almost always in Skype for Business.
How to Appear Always Available in Skype
- First, open the Skype for Business app window.
- Then click the gear button on the right side of the Skype for Business app.
- Select Tools on the gear menu.
- Click Options to open the window shown directly below.
- Click the Status tab on the left of the Options window.
- First, click in the Show me as Inactive when my computer has been idle for this many minutes box. Enter ‘360’ in that box, which is the maximum value.
- Then click in the Change my status from Inactive to Away after this many minutes box. Increase the value for that setting to 360.
- Press the OK button to exit the window.
Adjusting the value for the aforementioned status settings to 360 will ensure that the user status doesn’t change for 360 minutes.
Thus, the user status will not change to Inactive unless the desktop or laptop is left idle for six hours. That should be more than enough time to ensure that the user status doesn’t change to Away while utilizing Skype for Business.
Note, however, that company system administrators can also adjust Skype for Business status settings changed by other users.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Incorrect name appearing in Skype for Business [QUICK FIX]
- Use Skype for Business multiple chat windows with this guide