Skype UWP for Windows 10 Mobile available for Insiders
A few months ago, we’ve seen how the new Skype UWP looks on Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Mobile. Well, the application has been recently released for Windows 10 PCs, but it can be downloaded only by Insiders.
The Skype UWP has not been released officially for Windows 10 Mobile devices and Microsoft is still working on optimizing the application for smartphones and tablets. Well, it seems that the Skype UWP application for Windows 10 Mobile has been leaked by a XDA Forums member that goes by the name of Jeremy Sinclair. Today we will tell you how you can test it out on your mobile device.
However, first of all, you should know that you will need to become an Insider and your smartphone must run on the latest Windows 10 Mobile Redstone. These users will be able to download and install the Skype UWP on their smartphones by doing the following steps:
- Download the .appxbundle for the Skype UWP application from here
- Copy the .appxbundle file to your smartphone
- Head to your smartphone’s Settings->Update & Security->For Developers and enable “Developer Mode”
- Once you’ve enabled the “Developer Mode” on your smartphone, head to the location where you have saved the .appxbundle file and install the file on your device
It is good to know that you can also use the “Device Portal” in order to install Skype UWP on your Windows 10 Mobile device. However, we remind you that this is NOT an official release, so the application might be quite buggy and it might crash from time to time, so you should understand that the developers are doing their best to fix bugs based on user feedback. In other words, if you don’t want to run an “unfinished” application on your Windows 10 Mobile, then you should wait for the official release of it.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Skype UWP app for Windows 10 updated with new features and improved design
- Skype UWP Preview debuts in latest Windows 10 build
- Microsoft limits Skype file transfer to 100MB
Microsoft just released cumulative update KB4491101 for those who are running Windows 10 V1507 (RTM version). The update is just restricted to the users of Windows 10 […]
It is certainly annoying to face issues in your system when you have to finish off the most important task that has been assigned by […]