- Choosing the best snmp oid generator can be an easy task if you compare all the available features and options from each tool.
- Data visualization and intuitive system alerts are important aspects to look at when choosing an SNMP monitoring software.
- Support features and available integrations are also other important features to consider.
- Highly intelligent maps and an in-depth network path analyzer are important features to look after when choosing an SNMP monitoring tool.
SNMP is short for Simple Network Management Protocol which is being used by IT administrators to detect and manage devices.
SNMP is also widely used for gaining more insight into the availability and performance of the network in order to ensure it’s health.
Since it has such an important role, in this article we will present you the best SNMP generator for network monitoring you can use, so make sure to keep on reading.
Which is the best SNMP oid generator / exporter for network monitoring I can use?
PRTG Network Monitor is the best network monitor solution out there thanks to the Network Management Protocol SNMP protocol.
The Network Management Protocol SNMP allows you to easily monitor network devices.
Moreover, the Network Reporting Tool incorporated in the PRTG Network Monitor will allow you to monitor your network with SNMP.
Thanks to the Simple Network Management Protocol SNMP you will be able to gather all the needed data regarding bandwidth and network usage.
Packet sniffing and NetFlow are additional monitoring methods supported by PRTG Network Monitor and you can use them for most standard situations.
PRTG Network MonitorMonitor all your network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications with the help of Network Management Protocol SNMP protocol.
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) comes with unique features that makes it perfect for SNMP monitoring.
The automatic device discovery tool alongside the dynamic, interactive dashboards, mapping features, intuitive design are some of the most important features.
With the help of the automatic device discovery tool you can locate, map and configure the network nodes automatically.
Moreover, the tool comes with the best SNMP trap receiver that allow you to create customizable alerts, to fit the exact conditions you want.
Key features of Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor:
- Intelligent network visualization maps.
- Customizable and flexible alerts and notifications.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use dashboard.
- Detailed monitoring of F5 BIG-IP family of products.
With ManageEngine OpManager you can easily monitor packet loss, speed, latency and many more critical metrics.
You can also set alerts parameters and thresholds for monitoring the network performance.
ManageEngine OpManager is a comprehensive SNMP tool as it extends the monitoring options to network mapping, traffic analysis and even VoIP traffic management.
Moreover, the dashboard is also highly customizable and there are plenty of performance widgets you can choose from.
Key features of ManageEngine OpManager:
- Integration with the mobile app for Android and Apple.
- Network monitoring and data analysis.
- Highly customizable dashboard.
Thanks to the overall SNMP features included and their performance, these are the best tools that will allow you to best monitor and analyze your network status.
If you have additional recommendations or suggestions we would love to read them in the comments section below.