Top antivirus programs to open .DAT files with
Bitdefender Total Security 2020
This is not just a simple antivirus that you install, it is an entire suite of protection services that keep your PC, mail, e-wallet and pretty much anything else protected from cyber threats.
- The UI is constantly updated to be more intuitive and easy to use
- Solid protection against phishing attacks
- Proactive scanning of social networking profiles
- Privacy protection and online transaction security
- Takes time to install
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition
It runs silently in the background, actively removing threats as it encounters them, and most of the time you won’t even know how infected your PC would have been unless you look in the virus vault.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
- Advanced digital threat protection 30-day money-back guarantee
- Virtual keyboard feature protects against standard keyloggers
- Comes with a mobile protection package
- Support is not 24hours
Norton AntiVirus Plus
It is constantly updated so you always have the latest protection against all known threats, and you won’t get headaches using it thanks to the intuitive UI.
- Efficient virus detection support
- Constantly updated
- 24/7 Customer support
- Intuitive UI
- May take up a few system resources
Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus
The strongest point of Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus is the small amount of system resources that it needs to run efficiently. This program will run in the background almost unnoticed, yet it will still provide you with above-average protection.
Additionally, the interface is relatively simple to read, although those of you that are less tech-savvy may need to read a guide or two.
- Fast and thorough scans
- Low system resource usage
- GoodURL blocking is on par with the leaders
- Long-term plans offer decent discounts
- The price tag on a singular device subscriptions
ESET NOD32 Antivirus
It doesn’t use up a lot of resources, and the UI and configuration options make it an excellent choice for professionals and amateur users alike.
- Low system resource usage
- Ultra configurable
- You get great discounts with multi-device packages
- Expert-level controls
- Inconsistent results over multiple tests
Closing thoughts on programs to open .DAT files with
Any of the entries on our list are perfectly capable of opening .DAT files without any worries of infecting your PC with any surprise malware.
More so, some of them will automatically scan the file the moment you copy it into your PC, so you can pretty much skip the opening it part altogether.
All in all, if you want to be protected from online threats, or work in an environment that requires you to keep your data extra safe, you can’t go wrong with any of the programs listed above.