CrystalDiskInfo is a handy utility developed to help you monitor your HDD or SSD easily. It can monitor S.M.A.R.T. values and supports USB HDDs, RAID, and NVMe.
Monitoring the health of your storage drives is an important task, especially if you aim not to replace them very often.
More so, being aware of certain issues way before they occur means you’ll never have to worry about losing large chunks of important data.
CrystalDiskInfo system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003
- Architecture: supports x86, x64, and ARM64 systems
- Software: Internet Explorer versions 8.0 and higher
- Miscellaneous: .NET Framework versions 2.0 and higher
How do I download & install CrystalDiskInfo?
Retrieving the right CrystalDiskInfo package for you might be a bit tricky, mainly because this program comes in a bunch of different flavors. However, it’s worth mentioning that the differences are purely cosmetic.
Thus, even though you might be confused at the sight of the Standard, Shizuku, and Kurei Kei editions, know that the last two editions only come with a bunch of extra customization options.
With that in mind, you can go ahead and download whichever catches your eye. Our suggestion, however, would be picking the standard edition of CrystalDiskInfo, especially if you’re not exactly tech-savvy.
How to download CrystalDiskInfo?
- Visit the CrystalDiskInfo website
- Locate the edition you’re interested in
- Click ZIP or Installer, depending on your system
- Wait for the download to complete
Note that the ZIP works even on Windows XP, while the installer is designed to function on Windows Vista and newer versions of Windows.
CrystalDiskInfo comes with an MIT license, so it’s entirely free.
How to install/setup CrystalDiskInfo?
- (ZIP) Extract the content of the ZIP
- (Installer) Run the installer executable
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Toggle post-setup auto-launch
- Click the Finish button
How to uninstall CrystalDiskInfo?
- Launch Windows’ Settings app
- Go to the Apps section
- Select CrystalDiskInfo in the list
- Click the Uninstall button
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed
CrystalDiskInfo is not a tune-up tool, so you won’t be able to optimize your HDD/SSD using it. However, it does a great job when it comes to benchmark your PC’s storage media and even alerts you when something seems off.
You can choose from playing an alert sound if there’s an issue with your HDD/SSD, or receiving an email notification.
The bottom line is that CrystalDiskInfo is an extensive HDD/SSD monitor tool. The only downside is that it has a lot of features that might take a while to master.