MAGIX Photostory is a software solution that can help you create photo slideshows on your computer. You can use this tool to put together a slideshow from your favorite photos, movie clips and music tracks in just a few moments.
MAGIX Photostory is also capable of creating collages, applying transitions, using zoom effects and more. Additionally, if you have the Traveler edition, you can even create animated travel routes with MAGIX Travel Maps.
MAGIX Photostory’s system requirements
As you probably already know, every tool, even MAGIX Photostory, has a list of system pre-requisites. Naturally, if you pass this list, you can run the corresponding tool without a hiccup. Let’s see the sys req of MAGIX Photostory:
- OS: Windows 10, 8, 7
- Processor: 2 GHz (Quad-core processor with 2.8 GHz or better recommended)
- RAM: 4 GB (Recommended: 8 GB)
- Graphics card: Onboard, minimum resolution 1280 x 768 (Dedicated, at least 512MB VRAM recommended)
- Sound card: Onboard
- Available drive space: 2GB for program installation
- Internet connection: Required for downloading, registering and validating the program, as well as for some program features
- Optional: Supports VR headsets by Oculus, HTC Vive, and Microsoft Mixed Reality
Well, the list is not exactly pretentious, as it has some pretty reasonable demands from your system. However, if you own an older, less capable machine, such as a Windows XP computer, chances are you won’t be able to run MAGIX Photostory.
We’ve gathered a bunch of interesting information about MAGIX Photostory and we’re going to share them with you. From setup facts, to program features and configuration details, it’s all here in the following section.
- MAGIX Photostory lets you create slideshows in a few moments
- You can use both images and videos for your slideshows
- The tool includes image editing features
- The Traveler edition lets you create a virtual route of your journey
- The installation package is quite large
- During setup, you're prompted to install MAGIX Music Maker along with this tool
We’ve gathered a bunch of interesting information about MAGIX Photostory and we’re going to share them with you. From setup facts to program features and configuration details, it’s all here in the following section.
How to install MAGIX Photostory Deluxe
If you’re familiar with MAGIX products, you’ve probably met their famous download manager before. It can be quite confusing to new users as to why does a 5 MB tool takes this long to install.
Once you download the executable (which is, in fact, the download manager), you must launch it and follow its instructions. The whole setup process is intuitive enough and should raise you absolutely no trouble.
However, you might want to find some other activity during the download + installation part, as it can take a while. Remember that the tool needs 2GB for installation, so you can expect a rather large download.
Create slideshows with MAGIX Photostory Deluxe
As stated before, you can use MAGIX Photostory to create stunning slideshows without breaking a sweat. However, there’s many other things that this tool can do. For instance, you can perform adjustments on the photos you want to include in your slideshows.
MAGIX Photostory also has a handy component called “shot match tool,” which automatically makes all your photos look like one another (in terms of color and light parameters, of course). Think about it as a global filter, applied to all of your images simultaneously, so they can match.
MAGIX Photostory Deluxe video editor
Did we mention you can use videos in your slideshows as well? Well, you can! It’s possible to cut video clips according to your needs and perform some light editing on them, too. This tool enables you to interpose transitions between different images, between an image and a video, or even between videos.
If you’re already coming to an end with the visual part of your slideshow, you can consider working on the audio. We can all agree that a silent slideshow can feel a bit out of place, like something’s missing. Fortunately, MAGIX Photostory allows you to include audio tracks and even perform basic editing on them.
For instance, you can stretch or compress the slideshow, so that it starts and finishes at just the right time. That way, you won’t have music playing long after the slideshow’s done.
MAGIX Travel Maps included
If you chose MAGIX Photostory Travel Edition, you’re in for a surprise. There’s a cool feature bundled within this version called MAGIX Travel Maps, which lets you pinpoint your holiday route on a virtual map.
This nifty tool can help you create an animated travel clip from your slideshow, which shows the exact route of your trip. Additionally, you can customize the content displayed by this feature, such as locations and transport modes.
FAQ: Learn more about MAGIX Photostory
- Can I add my own music to my slideshow?
Yes, MAGIX Photostory enables you to use custom music for your slideshows, in case you’re not entirely satisfied with the built-in collection of tracks.
- How does the Travel Maps feature work?
You can create a virtual route of your trip by using the Travel Maps feature. You just have to pinpoint the locations of your holiday for each photo, and the app will create an animated travel clip, which you can even customize. This feature is only available in the Travel and Premium versions.
- Can I burn slideshows on a disc?
Yes, MAGIX Photostory enables you to export the slideshows you’ve created to various formats, but you can also burn them straight to a disc, whether it’s a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disc we’re talking about.
Overview of MAGIX Photostory features
MAGIX PHOTOSTORY DELUXE
- Lets you create, burn, and export slideshows
- Contains more than 1500 transitions, music tracks, and effects
- Create travel route animations with MAGIX Travel Maps
MAGIX PHOTOSTORY TRAVELER EDITION
- Includes an add-on pack (Ultimate Travel Package) that comprises over 500 travel-themed elements of design, sounds, and songs
MAGIX PHOTOSTORY PREMIUM VR
- Premium content pack that lets you use over 70 extra sound effects and slideshows
- Lets you view your created slideshows in VR
- Enables you to create VR tours from 360° photos and videos
- Software Version
- 2020 188.8.131.52
- slideshow, image, video, audio, movie, travel