Norton AntiVirus is one of the recognizable names in the world of anti-virus and anti-malware tools, having been around since 1991 when Symantec Corporation created the first version of it.
It is just one of the many security programs included in the Norton software family, and it has become a staple in many household PCs that rely on it for protection against cyber threats.
Norton AntiVirus’ system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 with SP 1
- Architecture: 32- and 64-bit supported
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM or more
- Space: 300 MB free HDD space required
- Software: Microsoft Internet Explorer® 8.0 or higher
- Comes in packages for all needs and budgets
- Advanced versions come with a reliable VPN
- Receives daily updates to the virus database
- Full-package anti-malware solution
- Doesn't offer any kind of free version or free trial
An Antivirus tool with a long history that fills everyone’s needs
Symantec has been doing a great job updating all of its antivirus services, and although Norton AntiVirus Plus is their most basic product, it still offers plenty of tools to make it a reliable tool on its own.
Here is a complete list of all the antivirus versions offered by Norton:
- Norton AntiVirus Plus
- Norton 360 Standard
- Norton 360 Deluxe
- Norton 360 with LifeLock Select
- Norton 360 with Ultimate Plus
As you can imagine, as you go to a more advanced version of Norton AntiVirus, you’ll have to bay a heftier subscription. However, your investment is well worth it, since the list of features each product brings to the table gets bigger and bigger as well.
As an example, Norton AntiVirus Plus brings you support for only 1 PC, basic anti-malware features, a password manager, a VPN, a camera protection system, and that’s about it.
On the other hand, Norton 360 with Ultimate Plus brings you everything that Norton AntiVirus Plus has, along with parental controls, bank, and credit card activity alerts, 500GB of cloud storage, fictitious identity monitoring, and more.
All in all, all Norton products, from the simplest to the most advanced, have proven themselves to be reliable over the years, and we ourselves recommend it for your personal cybersecurity.
If you already own a Norton subscription but have encountered issues while using the product, don’t hesitate to visit our website’s Norton Fix page for a plethora of troubleshooting guides.
- Software Version
- Yearly subscription