PROMT Master is among some of the best offline translation software tools on the market. It offers great flexibility, app-wise and price-wise, catering to all your needs. You can purchase one language pair (e.g. English-French), or the multilingual pack, according to your needs.
This tool promises to offer you accurate translations of correspondence and documents. You can even use it to learn a new language without being connected to the Internet. However, you might want to consider clearing some space on your PC first.
PROMT Master’s system requirements
Like any other software solution, PROMT Master has too a list of system requirements. Namely:
Minimal system requirements:
- Computer: IBM PC compatible computer with x86 or x64 1 GHz or higher CPU
- Memory: at least 2 GB RAM
- Space: at least 5.5 GB of free space for the complete package setup
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Service Pack 1
- Miscellaneous: .NET Framework 4.5 (installed automatically)
Recommended system requirements:
- Computer: IBM PC compatible computer with Core i3 or better of 2 GHz or higher
- Memory: at least 4GB RAM
The rest of the requirements in the “recommended” section are the same as the “minimal” ones. As you can see, you don’t need a super-computer to run PROMT Master. However, for the sake of deploying the full package, you need to provide at least 3 GB of disk space.
- Helps you translate text accurately
- Works offline
- Provides you with context
- Has industry-specific dictionaries and profiles
- Takes a lot of space
- Installation takes a while
How to install PROMT Master
As you’d expect from a tool that can handle offline translation, PROMT Master is quite sizy. Therefore, downloading the package itself can take a while, let alone deploying its content on your PC. The installation pack has approximately 1.2 GBs. Depending on your Internet connection, it might take a while to download.
Now come installation. Although not complicated, you must wait through various extraction and preparation screens. PROMT Master has a lot of prerequisites that it installs itself during the setup process. Most of them are Microsoft-signed, and almost all of them involve translation or speech to text components.
Note that even if you don’t go through with the whole installation, these components might still get deployed.
PROMT Master – offline translator
Depending on which version you’re using, your language options might differ. But let’s assume, for the sake of it, that you own an English-Spanish pack. In this situation, PROMT Master can help you translate English text in Spanish accurately. You can even select a category to increase the accuracy of your translation even more.
It’s worth mentioning that the translation goes both ways. So you can translate from English to Spanish, and the other way around, just as easily. The main window even shows you some examples that include context. That way, you’ll know if the word you chose is fit for your lexical construction.
Familiar, user-friendly interface
PROMT Master comes with a familiar interface, one that reminds us of the newer versions of Microsoft Office. The main translation screen lets you navigate through various categories such as Text, Document, Dictionary, and Contexts. You can select the source and target languages from this same screen.
There’s a dictionary component on the right side of the screen that shows you all the forms of the word you’re after, lets you hear the way it’s pronounced, and also shows you its translation, in all its forms.
You can expand the main menu of PROMT Master by clicking the hamburger button. Hint: it’s the one that looks like this (☰). This will let you see the names of the various sections this program has to offer.
Various language packages
As mentioned above, the availability of languages depends entirely on your pack of choice. You can select a pack with only one language pair, or opt for the multilingual pack.
Currently, the one language pair lets you translate from English to Spanish, German, French, or Russian, and vice-versa.
The multilingual option can handle more languages at the same time. Thus, you can translate from English to Spanish, German, Italian, French, Portuguese, and Russian, and vice-versa.
Note for both versions: If you go online, the Chinese, Arabic, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Kazakh, Dutch, Hindi, Finnish, Hebrew, and Ukrainian languages become available.
FAQ: learn more about PROMT Master
- Can I use PROMT 9 to PROMT 18 products on one computer at the same time?
Several versions of PROMT can’t work properly on the same PC. Therefore, before you install a new version of PROMT on your PC, make sure to thoroughly remove any trace of any previous version.
- Do I have to reactivate PROMT after a hardware upgrade?
If you upgraded the PC hardware without uninstalling the PROMT product, reinstallation is not necessary.
- Can I install PROMT from a backup copy?
If the original distribution files are damaged, you can install your PROMT product from a backup copy. However, since CD or DVD PROMT software is protected against illegal reproduction, you’ll need original CDs or DVDs.
Overview of PROMT Master features
- Work with foreign language documents in various formats
- Perform scientific and technical translations
- Business and private correspondence
- Read blogs, news, and books in foreign languages
- Learn a foreign language
- Handle industry-specific terminology
- Can handle Word, Excel, One Note, PowerPoint, PDF files
- The plugin lets you translate directly in the app of your choice
- See examples of word translations in different contexts
- Adjust translation settings individually
- Add new expressions to the built-in dictionary
- Change the translation of proper names
- Add whole sentences to the translation memory
- Many built-in dictionaries and profiles
- Profiles include travel, sport, recipes, cinema, news, religion, music, private correspondence, online shopping, language study, automobiles, and Information Technology
- Software Version
- translation, offline, text, dictionary, context