Stellar Repair for Photo is one of the best tools for fixing corrupt JPG images.
Most files that you lose or accidentally delete can be recovered with data recovery software. The success of this task depends on three aspects: how your file was deleted, if it was overwritten with data, and how powerful the recovery application is.
However, a recovered file isn’t necessary usable. Usually, the tool lets you know about the file’s condition prior to recovery, whether it’s damaged, corrupt, broken, or perfectly safe. But there’s no way to tell until you’ve actually recovered the item.
If you recovered photos that can’t be opened anymore due to various technical reasons, that doesn’t mean you should throw them away. Before taking the last resort, you can attempt to restore the images to their original, working state with the help of Stellar Repair for Photo.
- Simple wizard for repairing JPEG and RAW images
- Advanced repair mode for difficult files
- Repair multiple files in bulk
- Can't save repaired images
Stellar Repair for Photo is a simple-to-use software tool that promises to get your JPEG and RAW images in shape after you recovered them from your computer. It features a standard repair mode that should fix most photos, along with an advanced repair mode to treat the most stubborn images you have. The program works not only with Windows but also with Mac.
Before getting our review for this photo repair tool, let’s go through its editions, system requirements, installation, and interface, together with features.
Stellar Repair for Photo free trial
The application isn’t free, but you can evaluate the drive scanning and repair feature for free. There’s no time limitation. Unfortunately, you can’t save any repaired images to the disk.
To lift this restriction, it’s necessary to purchase a software license for Stellar Repair for Photo. Subscription plans are available for 1 year and come with a 30-days money-back guarantee. There are three editions, Standard, Professional, and Premium, which we will explain a below.
Stellar Repair for Photo system requirements
Make sure your system meets these prerequisites before downloading and setting up Stellar Repair for Photo:
- Processor: Intel
- Memory: 2 Gb minimum (4 Gb recommended)
- Hard disk: around 250 Mb free space
- OS: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
How to install Stellar Repair for Photo
You can quickly set up Stellar Repair for Photo on your PC, as the wizard steps are quite familiar. Aside from agreeing to the license terms, you can pick the installer language, modify the default setup folder on your system, and control program shortcuts.
When it comes to the user interface, Stellar Repair for Photo is simple and intuitive. It has a minimalistic window that invites you to add multiple JPEGs and RAW images to the list, where you can check out various file details like name, full path, size, and modified date.
What is Stellar Repair for Photo?
To conclude, Stellar Repair for Photo turns out to be an easy-to-use Windows application for fixing photographs that were damaged while attempting to recover data. It can process multiple images at once and comes with an advanced repair option for more difficult cases.
We’ve noticed that Stellar Repair for Photo is barely visible in the Task Manager when it comes to resource consumption. It repaired over 600 JPEGs pretty fast in our tests, showing a preview for most of them.
Unfortunately, the free demo doesn’t give you the possibility to check if the repaired photos can actually be saved to the disk. To find out about this, you have to pay for a 1-year subscription.
FAQ: Learn more about Stellar Repair for Photo
- Is Stellar Repair free?
No, Stellar Repair is not free. You can scan and repair drives for free, but you can’t save any repaired images to the disk.
- How do I fix corrupted JPEG files?
To fix damaged JPEG images with Stellar Repair for Photo, add the files to the main menu and click the Repair button. Then, you can preview the images and click Save Repaired files to store them on your computer.
- Is Stellar Repair safe?
Stellar Repair is 100% safe. It’s a legitimate software application that you can use to fix corrupt images. It doesn’t contain malware.
Overview of Stellar Repair for Photo features
Stellar Repair for Photo Standard:
- Photo support: JPEG and RAW images from digital cameras, such as NRW, ARW, DNG, NEF, PEF
- Multiple UI languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Straightforward recovery: just add files and click Repair to fix corrupt JPEG and RAW photos
- Preview: check the thumbnails of repaired files to make sure they’re what you’re looking for
- Thumbnails: if photos are so badly damaged that they can’t be recovered, extract their thumbnails
- Advanced repair: take an extra repair step for heavily damaged images
- Bulk operations: repair multiple JPEGs and RAW images at the same time
Stellar Repair for Photo Professional:
- Image recovery: scan your drive to recover lost or deleted photos, even from formatted drives
- Photo support: identifies image files of all major formats
- Large storage: scan large storage devices, which surpass 2 Tb
- External devices: scan not only local drives but also external disks, like SSD or USB
- Preview: you can preview images before saving them to the disk
- Resume: pause and later resume the scanning operation to pick up where you left off
Stellar Repair for Photo Premium:
- Video repair: fix corrupt or damaged video files, including headers and sound
- Batch mode: repair multiple video files at the same time
- Preview: check out the repaired videos before saving them to your PC
- Free demo
- repair photo, image repair, image recovery