Check out our Wrike review to find out how to use this web-based project management tool to connect with your co-workers. You can download Wrike for Windows and Mac as a desktop client.
What is Wrike?
Wrike is an online project management tool for business. It has collaboration and productivity tools.
You can use Wrike to create and assign tasks, set the completion status, create calendars, and communicate with your team members.
The Wrike project management software lets you organize your content in management units called spaces, which you can easily explore afterward. More so, you can view real-time reports to stay in touch with your company’s situation.
Wrike system requirements
Since Wrike is online, you just need a web browser to access it. Here are the only system requirements you need to know:
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- Architecture: supports both 32-bit and 64-bit systems alike
- Internet connection: required to access the program (since it’s cloud-based)
- Easy to use
- Low resource consumption
- Cloud-based (accessible anywhere)
- Versatile project management features
- Free version heavily limited
Wrike free version
Wrike allows you to choose between a free plan and a free trial. The free plan is obviously limited feature-wise, while the trial only lets you use it for 14 days. However, during the trial period, you’ll be able to benefit from the full range of features the paid versions offer.
It’s worth mentioning that, unlike other similar services, Wrike doesn’t require any credit card information at the trial signup. You just need to create an account, and you’ll get to choose whether you’d like to use the free version, a trial one, or purchase a subscription plan.
Another interesting thing is that you can upgrade your plan directly from the app by clicking the Buy button. Alternatively, you can downgrade to the free version if you feel you’re not ready to invest in a subscription plan.
How to install Wrike
Even if you’re a total beginner, installing Wrike on your PC shouldn’t take more than a few seconds. After you download the installer and launch it, all you have to do is follow some basic on-screen instructions provided by the wizard.
After setup’s done, Wrike will launch automatically. You can also access it by using the shortcut icon it deploys on your desktop by default. No additional configuration or complicated steps need to be performed.
If you’re familiar with Wrike’s browser service, then the desktop app should hold no secret from you. However, even if you’ve never used Wrike before, getting into it shouldn’t be difficult at all. The main screen is user-friendly and controls are intuitive enough, even for beginners.
Most of the functions have self-explanatory descriptions so that there’s little doubt about its purpose. Even if you have a difficult time understanding the way Wrike works, you can use the built-in helpers to get you started and well-accustomed to the service.
How to use Wrike
You can use Wrike if you have to manage various projects on a daily basis and need a convenient way to keep it all together. Not only can this app help you organize projects effectively, but you can also assign them to members of your team, change their priority, and update their status.
Wrike lets you set dates (both starting dates and deadlines), assign approvals (and users who are allowed to approve), add sub-tasks, attach files, create a hierarchy between tasks, as well as change the privacy of your projects.
Each task supports comments, mentions, formatted texts, attachments, and descriptions. You can add tasks to calendars so you can keep track of them easier, share them with permalinks, add them to your “to-do” list, and follow them.
Handy project management software solution
All in all, if your job involves project management, specialized software such as Wrike can really make a difference. You can use this tool to create tasks and assign them to members of your team, but also overview projects and stay in touch with your team seamlessly.
Wrike offers a free, limited version that has no time limit, but also a 14-day unlimited trial. These free-to-use editions can help you decide whether or not you need to purchase a paid subscription, in order to use this product without restrictions.
FAQ: Learn more about Wrike
- Is Wrike free?
Wrike is not free, but it does offer you a free, but limited edition of its service, as well as a time-restricted trial. You can use both the free and trial versions without having to submit credit card information, but only by registering a free Wrike account.
- What is Wrike used for?
To put it shortly, you can use Wrike for your project management needs, ranging from task assignment and organization to enhancing team collaboration and communication. It can help you track deadlines, follow projects, insert dependencies into tasks, and even creating calendars based on tasks.
- Is Wrike cloud-based?
Yes, Wrike’s service is a cloud-based one. This means there’s almost nothing stored locally and you can access its services as well as your workspaces from virtually anywhere, as long as you have access to a supported device and a stable Internet connection.
Overview of Wrike features
- Enhances collaboration within your company
- Helps you plan work ahead and assign tasks to various members seamlessly
- Lets you coordinate entire departments to achieve satisfactory results
- Change the current status of tasks at the press of a button
- Holds backlog of all completed tasks
- Calendar support lets you coordinate teams and align tactics for better results
- Plan campaigns ahead, keep track of your work and review results
- Streamlined task management operation eliminates unnecessary work
- Review work that’s been done and approve or disapprove of it easily
- Allocate projects, track requests’ status, and generate reports
- Interactive Gantt Chart provides you with a comprehensive overview and helps you optimize planning
- Hit the perfect balance on your team’s workload by using the intuitive resource management tool
- Enables you to generate templates in order to save you time wasted on performing repetitive actions
- Each member of your team benefits from a personal dashboard that holds useful information
- Document Version Control feature ensures that you’re always up-to-speed with the latest developments
- Track both time spent on projects and allocated budgets
- High accessibility through iOS and Android apps that let you take your work with you, wherever you go
- Free trial
- project manager, team collaboration