- Something went wrong with the Spatial Sound? It might be a problem with the sound settings.
- Make sure you get the latest version of the Dolby Atmos software for your home theatre.
- Try using the required HDMI cable and choose one with high bandwidth.
- You should also make sure that the Mono audio is turned off from the sound settings.
Using your Windows 10 computer on your home theater requires some settings to be changed. You might get Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound, but there’s a way to fix this problem once and for all.
Before we go straight to the solution for this error, download the latest version of the Dolby Atmos and install it on your PC. Once this is done, you choose the Dolby Atmos for your home theater from the list of options.
Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound error can occur in several instances, when you connect the soundbar to the screen and when you select Dolby Atmos for home theater.
How can I fix the Spatial Sound issues?
1. Use the required HDMI cable
If you’re getting Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound error, make sure you are using the required HDMI cable that supports Dolby Atmos.
Always confirm this at the point of purchase. In addition, be sure to choose an HDMI cable with the highest bandwidth so you can enjoy in high-quality video.
When you are using the AVR, ensure that you select Dolby Atmos for the home theater.
2. The Mono audio should be off
- Click on the Start button and select the Settings app.
- Click Ease of access.
- Select Audio, then put it off.
Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound error can be caused by Mono audio. To fix this problem, it’s advised that you disable Mono audio for the time being.
This is fairly simple, and you can do it by following the steps above so try it out and see if the issue still persists after that.
3. Update the audio drivers
- Ensure that the AVR and HDMI are connected.
- Open Device Manager and then expand Sound and game controllers section.
- Also, click and update Intel audio driver.
- Right-click High definition device and choose Update driver.
- Now follow instructions on the screen to update your drivers.
Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound can also appear if your drivers are out of date. To fix this issue, it’s advised to update them by performing the steps above.
Alternatively, you can update all your drivers automatically with just a couple of clicks using third-party tools such as the one recommended below.
This tool can help you update and repair your drivers in just one shot and in record time without the need for any special skills or knowledge.
These are some of the solutions that you can use to fix Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound error on your PC. Be sure to try them all and let us know if they work for you.
If you have any other suggestions, we welcome them in our comments section below.