- Many Windows users complained that the Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe is broken in Windows 10.
- No need to worry, just switch to compatibility mode to make sure everything works properly.
- Another solution is to run the audio or hardware and devices troubleshooters to fix the issue.
- Also, use a reliable third-party software to update the faulty sound driver.
Many people enjoy in multimedia on their computers, and if you want the best multimedia experience, you usually want to go for a sound card that supports 5.1 audio.
However, if you’re a Windows 10 user, you might experience some issues with Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe sound cards.
According to some users, Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe card is broken in Windows 10, and it doesn’t perform on it as well as on other operating systems.
Users claim that after switching to Windows 10 they have lost the support for 5.0 audio, and now they are limited only to 2.0 audio.
After switching to 5.0 sound, the sound gets lost on Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe cards. If you’re experiencing these issues, we have a solution that might help you.
What to do if Sound Blaster is not working in Windows 10?
1. Use Compatibility mode
- Download the latest driver for your sound card.
- Right-click on the downloaded driver file.
- Click on Properties and then go to the Compatibility tab.
- Find and check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for option.
- Select Windows 8.1 or any other older version of Windows operating system.
- Click OK, and install the driver.
This is a workaround given by Microsoft software engineers. However, we don’t know whether this workaround will fix your problem with 5.0 sound.
If this doesn’t help, worry not. Microsoft has acknowledged that they have broken multi-channel audio on some Creative audio cards, and they already released some hot fixes for this issue.
You should then update your computer to install them.
If your Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe sound card is broken With Windows 10 it’s probably just a compatibility issue.
Windows 10 is still a new operating system, as Microsoft rolls out to new OS versions every year. Some issues with certain hardware manufacturers are a common thing for a new operating system.
2. Run the Audio/ Hardware and devices troubleshooters
- To launch thees tools, go to the Settings app.
- Choose the Update and Security section, and select Troubleshoot.
Since this is an audio issue, there are two Windows 10 built-in troubleshooters that you can use: The audio troubleshooter and the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
As for the permanent and best solution, we’ll just have to wait for hardware manufacturers to release the latest drivers that will support Windows 10.
3. Use third-party software for drivers
Sound card issues are often caused by faulty drivers in need of an update. Without the latest updates, your PC and Windows OS can’t function properly.
We recommend using reliable third-party software that aims to keep your system stable and healthy by downloading and installing the latest drivers for your device.
The driver updater tool is useful in updating windows drivers automatically. Otherwise, if you do it manually, it takes time and also requires comprehensive knowledge of the drivers you are looking for.
A computer cannot manage video cards, computer programs, sound cards, or other hardware; they must be managed by a driver.
You can manually update drivers if you have a thorough understanding of the drivers your PC requires. The driver updater utility is the best alternative.
You may rely on DriverFix to make such changes to ensure a proper update with the most recent sound card drivers.
If the issue persists, you can use one of our complete troubleshooter guides on how to fix the sound problems in Windows 10.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, feel free to access the comments section below.