Here’s how to stay safe on Minecraft
After Sony rejected Microsoft’s request to make Minecraft cross-platform due to the company’s responsibility for its install base, Phil Spencer, the Xbox head, said that they would never put Minecraft in a position that would threaten players’ safety. Here’s how Microsoft plans on making Minecraft safer for online gamers.
Microsoft’s safety tips for Minecraft multiplayer
The Better Together update brings more ways for Minecraft players on mobile devices and consoles to play together online via LAN, shared worlds, servers, and Realms.
Here are Microsoft’s tips for staying safe while playing Minecraft online:
- Xbox Live Sign-In is required for Online Multiplayer – when you are logged in, you can set your own privacy settings and multiplayer preferences.
- You can add, mute, block or report players from the Pause menu – if you add someone to be your friend, they’ll be able to join you on your own worlds; if you mute someone, you will not see their messages anymore; after blocking someone, they won’t be able to contact you at all; reporting someone will result in sending a message to Minecraft and Xbox Live Enforcement with detailed info about the problem.
- You can set Player Permission from the Pause Menu.
- Server moderation involves volunteer moderators, expanded chat filters, and removal of private messaging.
- Minecraft has privacy settings, parental controls and child accounts.
Microsoft also offers a few general tips for staying safe online in Minecraft:
- You should never share your Xbox Live account password.
- You can’t get free Minecraft coins or Marketplace content.
- You will never be asked to share your personal data including your password.
- You can turn on and off the multiplayer option for local worlds via the settings menu of the game.
Microsoft treasures Minecraft and sees it as a community about creativity, acceptance, and self-expression. The company wants that everybody to feel safer, more secure and comfortable while playing online and this is why it made all these changes.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- The Minecraft Better Together Update lets you to export your creations to Paint 3D
- Microsoft releases Code Builder for Minecraft Education Edition
- Minecraft comes to Nintendo Switch with free Super Mario Mash-Up pack this May 11
A blueprint is a proposal that shows the clients how the proposed floor or design plan will look like, followed by a 3D model of […]
The Christmas season is around the corner and one of the best parts about this season is the gift it brings. If you are planning […]
“A picture is worth a thousand words” is a popular English idiom and the quote perfectly describes digital marketing or marketing strategies in general that […]