A large number of users have encountered the Steam Error accepting trade on their PCs. Because of this, a great number of people stormed the official Steam forums complaining about this issue.
There are several causes for this error, and in today’s article, we will explore some of the best methods you need to try in order to fix this.
Please follow the steps presented in this guide in the order that they are written in (from the least to the most invasive).
How can I fix Steam error when accepting the trade?
1. Use a browser to process the request instead of your Steam client
- Close your Steam client by right-clicking the icon inside your taskbar, and selecting Exit.
- Open up your browser and log into the official Steam website.
- Visit your message center by clicking on the message box -> try to accept (or perform) the trade here.
- If this method didn’t help you, or you’re already using your browser to accept the trade, follow the next methods.
For this purpose, we suggest you try out UR Browser. This browser is quite similar to Chrome in terms of functionality, but it has few unique features.
The browser is privacy-oriented, so it won’t send your data to Google. In addition, there’s tracking, privacy, and malware protection built-in, as well as a VPN.
If you’re looking for a secure browser that will protect your privacy, be sure to try out UR Browser.
2. Make sure that the user you’re trying to trade with doesn’t have a full backpack
If the user you’re trying to perform the trade with has no more space available in his backpack, then you will not be able to perform the trade successfully, and you will see the Steam error accepting trade message.
If the user still has space in his item list, then try the next methods.
3. Click accept more than a few times and have patience
- Sometimes, because of the overload on the Steam servers, the acceptance process of a trade will require you to click the Accept button a few times.
- In the case of some users, they managed to perform the trade after clicking the Accept button more than 6 times and then waiting.
4. Restart your Steam client
If this didn’t work either, then follow the next method.
5. Uninstall and reinstall your Steam client
- Press Win+X keys -> select Apps and features.
- Inside the Apps list -> select the Steam app -> click Uninstall.
- After the process is completed, visit the official Steam download page and download the latest version.
- Install Steam to your PC by following the on-screen instructions.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve the Steam error accepting trade issue. You can do so by using the comment section below.
- SteamVR settings not working [2 FIXES THAT REALLY WORK]
- Failed to contact Steam product key server [SIMPLE FIX]
- Windows 10 dual cameras not working on SteamVR Settings [FIX]