Those of you that are a bit older, or maybe fans of Tim Burton, probably know what stop motion animation is.
If you don’t, then you should know that put in simpler terms, it is what kids used to watch before CGI cartoons were invented.
Stop motion animation is fairly simple to achieve, and that’s why you can even buy kits that help you get started and get better at it with time.
Since there are plenty of kits out there, we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best. This is so that you will have the best experience while directing your mini-movies.
What are the best stop motion animation kits that I can buy?
- Easily cut and edit footage
- Create the background of your scene
- Allows you to capture amazing photos and videos
- Not compatible with Galaxy S7
If you want to make a stop motion animation movie where your characters have more joints for more complex movements, then you’ll love the Zing TST617A Stikbot Action Figure
This animation kit includes a studio stage with a green screen, assorted props, StikBot characters, and a camera mount for your phone.
Additionally, you can use the kit in conjunction with the mobile app to simulate backdrops against the green screen and make the animation process a whole lot easier.
- Includes two licenses
- Full software support
- Comes with modeling clay, paper, and toys
- The camera could be of better quality
Zu3D Complete Stop Motion Animation Software Kit For Kids is also a type of animation game that helps you create fun animated movies.
The kit contains everything you need, including two everlasting software licenses, animation webcam, green screen, modeling clay, mini-set, and handbook.
With this fun game, your kids will be able to create their fantasy world and let their imagination take life.
- Stop-motion animation is easy with accessible (and free) apps available for tablets and phones
- Projects are an easy introduction to animation. Mini movies can be made in as little as an hour
- Stop-motion animation scales up to older or more advanced kid moviemakers
- The book may be hard to understand for children alone
What better way to start off a list of best stop motion animation kits than with one from the biggest brands in the toy industry, one that also features several stop motion movies under its belt?
The Lego Make Your Own Movie Activity Kit is a complete guide to making good stop motion animations and it includes a very in-depth book plus several props, but you can also use your own Lego toys as well.
- Used around the world by STEM educators, teachers, homeschoolers and after-school programs.
- Ideal for LEGO Brickfilms. Securely connects to your computer without detaching.
- Learn everything you need to know in our Stopmotion Explosion book
- Using the app alongside the book is recommended for faster learning
If you want to discover how to animate LEGO, toys, modeling clay, action figures and more, just buy the Stopmotion Explosion – Animation Kit.
It includes several props, a guide book and a 1920 x 1080 high-definition camera with an upgraded easy focus ring and low profile that will make your amateur stop motion movies look like professional work.
- Includes the award-winning HUE HD USB camera with microphone
- Comes with a 60-page animation activity book with printable activities
- Props include a mini stage with background and green screen
- You get a license for stop motion software with time-lapse features, sound effects, and backdrops
- The software could use a little more tweaking
The HUE Animation Studio Kit is unique in its own way since it can be used in conjunction with pretty much any type of toys or clay that you may have.
This is because the kit only includes a guide book, a license to a stop motion animation software, a HUE HD USB camera with a microphone, and a mini stage with background and green screen.
This makes it ideal for animations featuring anything from Lego or Playmobil toys, or even clay animations.
timulating a child’s creative thinking is great, especially at a young age. If you can make it so that they are also productive at the same time, it’s even better.
Such would be the idea behind stop motion animation kits, as not only will your child learn how to harness their imagination, but they may even develop it into a great pastime or career later on.