Surface Dial is an innovative tool dedicated to the creative process. It is a new way to interact with technology and create, store, customize, access, and edit graphics masterpieces.
Surface Dial is designed to work with any app that uses images and relies on scroll, zoom, and undo actions. Some apps have their own tools that are specific to Surface Dial.
Surface Dial apps
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Bluebeam Revu
- Drawboard PDF
- Microsoft Excel (Office Win32 version)
- Groove Music
- Mental Canvas Player
- Microsoft Photos
- MohoTM 12
- OneNote (Universal Windows App version)
- PewPew Shooter
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Office Win32 version)
- All Windows apps
- Windows Maps
- Microsoft Word (Office Win32 version)
Indeed, Surface Dial also makes your everyday tasks simple and fun. You can use it to adjust the volume of your favorite Groove tracks, scroll through news articles or wander around your local city in Windows Maps.
Out of the 20 apps listed above, 6 of them are specially optimized for Surface Dial:
- Sketchable: Surface Dial gives you quick and intuitive access to the brush settings you use most.
- Mental Canvas: Rotate the device to move through 3D drawings along the artist’s bookmarked views.
- Drawboard PDF: Use Surface Dial to draw perfectly ruled lines, or freely rotate a single page to suit your writing position.
- Moho: Rotate it to move back and forth in the timeline, click to play/stop or add new frames, rotate and zoom your canvas, and more
- StaffPad: Use the device to click to play/stop, or rotate left and right to rewind/fast-forward your score. You can also place it on screen for quick access to symbols.
- Bluebeam Revu: Place Surface Dial on screen and use its location to split screen and zoom to magnify your PDF.
Do you own a Surface Dial? Share your experience and tell us which apps work best with this tool.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: