- If you keep getting a Firefox system requirements error, that could be caused by add-ons.
- If you meet the Firefox PC system requirements, you should try fixing the User-Agent add-on.
- You can also bypass this problem altogether by trying another browser.
- We also provided the Firefox 52 system requirements to cross this problem off the list.
Windows 10 users often experience error message Your system doesn’t meet the requirements to run Firefox. This error has been reported to pop up even though the system could easily run Firefox.
The root-cause of this issue might be that websites or some add-ons incorrectly think that you’re running an outdated version of Firefox.
Here’s how one user described the issue on Mozilla Support forum:
I’m using Windows 7 on my HP laptop. When I try updating i get a message saying I need to have at least windows XP. Is there something else blocking my update? I’ve tried both updating an downloading the latest version. My current Firefox is 13.0.1
We managed to come up with a few solutions in order to fix this browser issue.
How can I fix system doesn’t meet the requirements error?
1. Reset the User Agent
- Type about:config in Firefox‘s address bar and hit Enter.
- If you receive the This might void your warranty! warning page, click I accept the risk!
- Type useragent in the search field.
- Right-click on each of the search results and select Reset.
- Now you should clear your cache as well, first, click the Library button.
- Click History and select Clear Recent History.
- At the Time Range to clear choose Everything.
- Under the drop-down menu, select both Cookies and Cache.
- Select Clear now.
2. Try using a different browser
If you keep having the same problem, perhaps switching to a different browser can help. Opera is fast, reliable, and fully compatible with any version of Windows.
Unlike other browsers, this one focuses heavily on user privacy and security, and thanks to its unlimited VPN and crypto mining protection, it’s one of the most secure browsers on the market.
Other great features ar the integrated buttons for WhatsApp, Messenger and Instagram that can speed up the proces of logging into your preferred social network services.
You’ll also find the integrated workspaces extremely useful; using this feature, you can easily switch between various tasks, tabs and assignments, without worrying that you’ll make a mess out if it.
Besides that, when you make the change to Opera, you will be prompted to import whatever data you want from Firefox into the new browser.
If your system doesn’t meet the requirements to run Firefox, try installing the lightweight Opera!
3. Install the User-Agent Switcher add-on
- Download the User-Agent Switcher and restart the browser.
- Open Firefox and click the Tools and select Settings.
- Expand Default User Agent and click on Edit User Agents.
- In the newly opened window click New and select New User-Agent.
- Add a description for the new User Agent, for example, Firefox 9.
- Change the last number in the User-Agent box to 9.0.1 and click OK.
- Open the Tools menu again and select the recently created User-Agent.
- Reload the page and see if it works.
4. Make sure that you meet the requirements
Firefox is a pretty light browser that can run with very few resources. However, if you get the Your system doesn’t meet the requirements to run Firefox message, we should cross this problem off the list.
So, Mozila Firefox works on Windows 7, 8 and 10 on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
As for the hardware, you can have a Pentium 4 or newer processor with SSE2 support and 512 MB of RAM (2 GB for the 64-bit version). Mozilla also recommends having at least 200MB of hard drive space.
If you don’t meet the requirements, you can try using another browser that works on older computers.
We hope that our solutions helped you out in solving your issues with the Your system doesn’t meet the requirements to run Firefox error.
If you successfully fixed the problem, leave us a comment in the section below.