- Keep getting an error that says Your system doesn't meet the requirements to run Firefox? If you can’t address the issue, let us help you out.
- You can reset the User-Agent or try to install the User-Agent Switcher add-on, as described below.
- If you don't have the time to go through our troubleshooting steps, install Opera from the very start.
- For those of you who are determined to keep on using Mozilla’s browser, visit this Firefox Hub too.
Windows 10 users often experience error message Your system doesn’t meet the requirements to run Firefox. This error has been reported to pop up even though the system could easily run Firefox.
The root-cause of this issue might be that websites or some add-ons incorrectly think that you’re running an outdated version of Firefox.
Here’s how one user described the issue on Mozilla Support forum:
I’m using windows 7 on my hp laptop. When I try updating i get a message saying I need to have at least windows XP. Is there something else blocking my update? I’ve tried both updating an downloading the latest version. My current firefox is 13.0.1
We managed to come up with a few solutions in order to fix this browser issue.
How can I fix system doesn’t meet the requirements error?
1. Reset the User Agent
- Type about:config in Firefox‘s address bar and hit Enter.
- If you receive the This might void your warranty! warning page, click I accept the risk!
- Type useragent in the search field.
- Right-click on each of the search results > select Reset.
- Now you should clear your cache as well, first click the Library button.
- Click History > select Clear Recent History.
- At the Time Range to clear choose Everything.
- Under the drop-down menu, select both Cookies and Cache.
- Select Clear Now.
2. Try using a different browser
If you keep having the same problem, perhaps switching to a different browser can help. Opera is fast, reliable, and fully compatible with any version of Windows.
Unlike other browsers, this one focuses heavily on user privacy and security, and thanks to its unlimited VPN and crypto mining protection, it’s one of the most secure browsers on the market.
Besides that, when you make the change to Opera, you will be prompted to import whatever data you want from Firefox into the new browser.
OperaIf your system doesn't meet the requirements to run Firefox, try installing the lightweight Opera!
3. Install the User-Agent Switcher add-on
- Download the User-Agent Switcher and restart the browser.
- Open Firefox and click the Tools > Settings.
- Expand Default User Agent and click Edit User Agents.
- In the newly opened window click New > New User-Agent.
- Add a description for the new User Agent – for example, Firefox 9.
- Change the last number in the User-Agent box to 9.0.1 > click OK.
- Open the Tools menu again and select the recently created User-Agent.
- Reload the page and see if it works.
We hope that our solutions helped you out in solving your issues with the Your system doesn’t meet the requirements to run Firefox error.
If you successfully fixed the problem, leave us a comment in the section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.