Fix: Can’t access TCP/IPv4 properties on a PPTP VPN connection on Windows 10
Windows 10 is great operating system, but unfortunately it has its share of flaws. Many users reported that they can’t access TCP/IPv4 properties on a PPTP VPN connection on Windows 10, so let’s see how to fix this problem.
Can’t access TCP/IPv4 properties on a PPTP VPN connection on Windows 10
Solution 1 – Check for latest updates
Microsoft is aware of most major problems on Windows 10, and it’s constantly working on them. If you have this problem on Windows 10, be sure to download and install the latest updates for Windows 10. Users reported that installing the latest updates usually fixes this problem, therefore download and install them by using Windows Update.
Solution 2 – Edit the rasphone.pbk file
All your VPN connection settings are stored in rasphone.pbk file, and in order to fix this problem users are advising to edit your rasphone.pbk file. To access and edit this file do the following:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter %appdata%. Click OK or press Enter.
- Once the AppData/Roaming folder opens navigate to MicrosoftNetworkConnectionsPkb folder and locate rasphone.pbk. Right click that file and select Edit, or just open it with a text editor such as Notepad.
- When the rasphone.pbk file opens you can edit IpDnsAddress and IpDns2Address values and change the gateway by changing IpPrioritizeRemote=1 to 0.
If this seems a bit complicated, you can also create a rasphone.pbk file on another Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC and copy it to your computer. Just create a VPN connection as you normally would on a different system and replace the rasphone.pbk file on your PC.
Many similar issues can be avoided if you have a good VPN tool. You can secure yourself by installing Cyberghost (77% flash sale), a leader in the VPN market. It protects your PC from attacks while browsing, masks your IP address and blocks all unwanted access.
Solution 3 – Create a new VPN connection
If you already have a VPN connection configured, you might have to create a new one. According to users, after creating a new VPN connection with the same credentials the issue was fixed, so you might want to try that. You may also want to choose a full-dedicated VPN tool.
Solution 4 – Use PowerShell
Users reported that you can fix this issue by using PowerShell, but bear in mind that PowerShell is an extremely powerful tool, and if you’re not careful you can cause permanent damage to your operating system by using PowerShell. To fix this problem using PowerShell do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter powershell. Find PowerShell on the list, right click it and select Run as administrator option.
- When PowerShell opens enter Get-VpnConnection and press Enter to run it.
- You should see the list of all VPN connections on your PC. Be sure to find the name of your current VPN connection and remember it because you’ll need it for next step.
- Enter Set-VpnConnection -Name myVPNname -SplitTunneling $True into PowerShell and press Enter to run it. Bear in mind that you need to replace myVPNName with the actual name of your connection that you got in Step 3.
- After this process is completed you can close PowerShell.
Several users reported that this method only works for VPN connections that are set not to allow other people to use this connection. If you don’t have such connection, you might need to delete your current connection and create one that doesn’t allow other people to use it before using the PowerShell command.
If you can’t access TCP/IPv4 properties on a PPTP VPN connection on Windows 10, we advise you to download the latest updates first. If downloading the updates doesn’t fix the issue, be sure to try some of our solutions.
- How to Create a VPN Connection in Windows 8, 8.1
- Fix: IPv4 Properties Not Working in Windows 10
- Fix: Broadcom WiFi Can’t Find Wireless Networks
- Fix: DNS Server Issue With Windows 8.1, 10 Upda
- Fix: Realtek Network Adapter not Found after Windows 10 Upgrade
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]