- Teams users will surely be delighted to learn that their meetings will get significantly better.
- That's because Microsoft is adding some new AI-powered features to the communication app.
- Background noise suppression and echo cancellation are just two of these upcoming features.
You might have not heard anything about Teams for a while, but that doesn’t mean that Microsoft has given up on one of its most successful applications.
In fact, the Redmond-based tech giant just released a long list of new features for Teams to improve audio and video on the service.
The Teams app now uses artificial intelligence to make meetings and calls feel more natural, which will be a significant improvement.
What’s coming to Microsoft’s Teams?
We know you want specifics, so we’re actually talking about echo cancellation, de-reverberation, background noise suppression, and real-time optimization for content sharing.
The Vice President for Microsoft Teams, Nicole Herskowitz, has actually outlined the new features, mentioning that disruptive echo effects, poor room acoustics, and choppy videos are some common issues that hinder the effectiveness of online calls and meetings.
Thus, through AI and machine learning, Microsoft has identified and is now delivering innovative enhancements in Microsoft Teams that improve such audio and video challenges.
This means that, even if you’re using one of the best webcams, a room with poor acoustics can drastically reduce audio quality.
Microsoft’s above-mentioned AI features for the Teams software should alleviate this to some extent by canceling echoing, reducing reverberation, and allowing two people to speak at once.
That last feature should also make it less awkward when trying to hold a normal conversation that involves back-and-forth communication.
If you want to check the complete list of improvements, this is what’s coming:
- Echo cancellation
- De-reverberation adjusts for poor room acoustics
- Interruptibility for more natural conversations
- Background noise suppression
- Real-time screen optimization adjusts for the content you’re sharing
- AI-based optimization ensures your video looks great, even under bandwidth constraints
- Brightness and focus filters that put you in the best light
So, if you are a Teams user, you will surely be delighted to know that all of these changes are being implemented to your favorite app.
What other features do you feel Teams is missing? Share your opinions with us in the comments section below.