Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- The Teams mobile app is getting a couple of consumer-focused features, starting today.
- New capabilities for Teams (Android and iOS) include video calling and document sharing.
- Would you like to explore more about Microsoft 365 apps powering enterprises today? Be sure to visit the Microsoft 365 page!
- Similarly, visit the Microsoft Teams page to see how the features the tool is getting facilitate remote working and collaboration.
The Teams mobile app is getting a couple of consumer-focused features, starting today. These include the ability to chat and make video calls.
In the recent past, Microsoft has added multiple features to Teams, especially to empower remote workers worldwide. For example, the functions below either exist in or are coming to Teams:
- Pop-out apps: The ability to pop out apps into separate windows is soon coming to Teams.
- Meeting participants: Currently, Teams supports up to 250 meeting participant. That limit is set to change to 300 according to some reports.
- Asana integration: Asana users can now access Teams conversations to track tasks.
But most of these upgrades are either enterprise-oriented or not available on the Teams mobile app altogether. That’s going to change with the incorporation of more consumer-centered features into the application.
Microsoft Teams mobile app gets new features
Microsoft is rolling out the new Teams mobile app features in preview over the next few weeks, starting today.
According to the company, Teams will now be offering some of its core features to individual users instead of just enterprises.
Whether you’re a busy parent managing daily family life or just trying to stay connected and in sync with those who matter most, the new features are designed to alleviate the need for disparate tools and instead offer one central hub for individuals, groups, and families to collaborate and stay connected and organized.
In brief, the new updates to the Android and iOS versions of Teams include:
- Enhanced communication: The app lets friends, families, and loved ones communicate via video, text massages, and chat.
- Collaboration: You can now collaborate on Office-365-powered documents, including Word and Excel in the Teams mobile app.
- Location sharing: You can now share your physical location via the app.
- Personal task management: The new Teams mobile app lets you organize your life and share your to-do lists, docs, and even calendars.
What do you think of the consumer-oriented features that the Microsoft Teams mobile app is getting? Kindly share your opinion or any user concerns via the comments section below.